Has anyone else tried this with success? I did it last night after the update and as expected it doubled alot of my contacts (not a big deal). But, it also combined some of the contacts to the point where I really don't know if someones phone, email or address is correct. I have contacts where a part of one persons name is combine with another. ie 2 contacts before - John Smith & Bob Barker have turned into Smith Bob! And also contacts where someone elses address, email or phone was taken and put on some else's contact information. WTF! totally fudged my contacts!

I knew I should have backed up my google contacts! Oh well. Its going to take forever to go through and reorganize. More than anything, I am just wondering if other people have had this problem?
    10-26-09 08:01 AM
    Has anyone else tried this with success? I did it last night after the update and as expected it doubled alot of my contacts (not a big deal). But, it also combined some of the contacts to the point where I really don't know if someones phone, email or address is correct. I have contacts where a part of one persons name is combine with another. ie 2 contacts before - John Smith & Bob Barker have turned into Smith Bob! And also contacts where someone elses address, email or phone was taken and put on some else's contact information. WTF! totally fudged my contacts!

I knew I should have backed up my google contacts! Oh well. Its going to take forever to go through and reorganize. More than anything, I am just wondering if other people have had this problem?
    I've seen people report this problem on .323 as well. I personally did not have this issue.
    10-26-09 08:03 AM
    The moral of the story is back up your contacts, but what sucks is that about 150 are business contacts that fortunately I don't use alot, but I won't have any clue whether information is right until I go through them all.
    10-26-09 08:08 AM
    Yeah that is walys the sucky thing about loading a new os build
    10-26-09 08:11 AM
    I had been using Google Sync, but decided to quit using it in favor of the new contacts sync option in BIS.

Unfortunately, it destroyed my contacts list. It combined names from one contact with phone numbers from another and email addresses from yet another.

I was able to restore my contacts to the BB from a Desktop Manager backup, then sync them back into Google Contacts using Google Sync again, but since not all of the fields are transferred through Google Sync, some information was permanently lost while other information, like contact pictures, had to be manually reapplied.

After hours and hours of work, things are *mostly* back to the way they were.

I almost expected that there would be some duplication or other minor errors... but I never expected fields from different contacts to be combined.
    10-26-09 08:39 AM
    What a mess!
    I had been using Google Sync, but decided to quit using it in favor of the new contacts sync option in BIS.

Unfortunately, it destroyed my contacts list. It combined names from one contact with phone numbers from another and email addresses from yet another.

I was able to restore my contacts to the BB from a Desktop Manager backup, then sync them back into Google Contacts using Google Sync again, but since not all of the fields are transferred through Google Sync, some information was permanently lost while other information, like contact pictures, had to be manually reapplied.

After hours and hours of work, things are *mostly* back to the way they were.

I almost expected that there would be some duplication or other minor errors... but I never expected fields from different contacts to be combined.
    10-26-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD