I am upgrading to the official .328 and want to shrink it down. I know some problems came up in earlier leaks from removing some things (I think it was some languages?).

Is there anything that cannot be removed with Shrink-A-OS without causing problems?

I have no idea what these apps are:
    Password Keeper/Wizard
    SIM Card Capabilities
    S/MIME Support
    Could somebody what these actually do and if they are safe to remove?
    10-26-09 04:52 AM
    I would not touch SIM card or anything like that.
    For the most part you can erase things such as Games and any application you won't use. Don't erase CORE apps.
    10-26-09 07:00 AM
    everything in shrink a os can be removed wothout affecting the device. it does not touch corr apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 07:14 AM
    I Shrink it all except default fonts and ringtones. I have never had a problem from Shrinking.
    10-26-09 07:29 AM
    This might be a dumb question but will removing VZ Navigator affect the GPS function on the phone? I have a GPS and never use VZ navigator but I do use the GPS functionality for other apps. Thanks for the help!
    10-26-09 10:46 AM
    This might be a dumb question but will removing VZ Navigator affect the GPS function on the phone? I have a GPS and never use VZ navigator but I do use the GPS functionality for other apps. Thanks for the help!
    No, not at all. I have never used VZ navigator and remove it for every OS upgrade and the GPS functionality on my other apps are fine.
    10-26-09 10:50 AM
    I am upgrading to the official .328 and want to shrink it down. I know some problems came up in earlier leaks from removing some things (I think it was some languages?).

Is there anything that cannot be removed with Shrink-A-OS without causing problems?

I have no idea what these apps are:
    Password Keeper/Wizard
    SIM Card Capabilities
    S/MIME Support
    Could somebody what these actually do and if they are safe to remove?
    Password Keeper / Wizard creates and stores random passwords for your many website logins. it has a copy paste function enabling you to have a seperate random generated and secure password for your many logins. I use it for multiple bank accounts while using my storm, great app that remembers your logins and many passwords

s/mime is for secure email on a BES platform. basically if you are using web based free mail you dont need it. its for secure email off a corporate setting

SIM card capability is well... for your SIM card. SIM card phone book and whatnot. If you have a SD card to save your stuff too and do backups with a pc, you wont need it.

Removing VZ Navigator wont affect you gps. Its just a really crappy handheld gps. My tomtom works way better and is way more accurate. get rid of it if you dont use it. I save $15 a month not using it. Also, if you look around you will find a free gps app that doesnt come with a monthly access fee.
    10-26-09 11:24 AM
    No matter what I select even if I choose all I still have 84.39 in my java folder!! Any hints?
    11-01-09 11:44 PM
    Make sure you right click and "Run as Administrator"

This is usually required for Vista and Windows 7 users
    11-02-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD