When I launch Vlingo, it seems to be stuck on the first step where it tries to reach the Vlingo server.

Is vlingo compatible with 5.0 as of now?
    10-25-09 11:26 PM
    From what I read in the finding and fixes thread , No its not working properly on .328 os
    10-25-09 11:39 PM
    I have it working on .323, so I'd be surprised if it didn't work on .328.

I used to have the same problem you describe (can't connect to the server), but suggested deleting the app, then reinstalling from AppWorld. I did that and it worked perfectly. The version I donwloaded from AppWorld did look a bit different, so maybe Vlingo loaded a new version to AppWorld that didn't get picked up by my Storm? Who knows. The important thing is it worked!
    10-25-09 11:44 PM
    The only way it works for me is to delete Vlingo, and re-install it. However, if I do a battery pull, it goes back to the connecting to Vlingo server issue. I guess the workaround is to reinstall it and never do a battery pull for now...
    10-26-09 02:50 AM
    There was a post on the Vlingo blog this morning from Erin at Vlingo, She said they are "working hard on getting support ready for 5.0" and will announce it on the blog. No potential date given. So hopefully it will be ready soon.
    10-26-09 09:02 AM
    I have it working on .323, so I'd be surprised if it didn't work on .328.
    I used to have the same problem you describe (can't connect to the server), but suggested deleting the app, then reinstalling from AppWorld. I did that and it worked perfectly. The version I donwloaded from AppWorld did look a bit different, so maybe Vlingo loaded a new version to AppWorld that didn't get picked up by my Storm? Who knows. The important thing is it worked!
    As others have said... What happens when you pull the battery? Does Vlingo still work for you or does it require you to uninstall/reinstall all over again like it does for the rest of us
    10-26-09 02:23 PM
    As others have said... What happens when you pull the battery? Does Vlingo still work for you or does it require you to uninstall/reinstall all over again like it does for the rest of us
    Vlingo worked, but then I had to reset my device and now it does not recognize the side key when pushed. The button literally does nothing.

I can't use the built in voice dialing because that seems buggy too. I tried for 5 minutes to say the name "Steve" and it only gave me Vicky, Kevin, and Twitter as options LOL. Occasionally it gave me "Steven" as an option, but it was always the wrong Steven from my contacts list. For some reason, the correct "Steve" would never show up as a choice. I even made it rescan my contacts but still no luck.
    10-28-09 02:48 PM
    Vlingo CS says they should have either beta 3.3 or a working 3.3 version out in mid-November. I was never able to get 3.2 to work once I upgraded my Storm to 5.0.0.328, so I finally pressed the Vlingo ppl and they responded very quickly with the above info.
    10-29-09 02:03 AM
    I have the same problems with the app. Vlingo also loses the side key function when you just turn off your phone. I turn mine off at night and in the morning, the side key is either gone or never goes into listen mode.
    I am very disappointed with Vlingo support. I posted a problem on their site over a week ago and no one replied. That to me is extremely poor support and I will be hesitant to ever purchase their products again. Just a simple acknowledgment of the problem would be nice...but to ignore me...unacceptable. Crackberry should set higher standards for 3rd party vendors to sell their products on their site.
    If it wasn't for public forums, how would we ever get answers to our problems? Surely not from the makers of the products. Next time I will buy Chinese.
    Last edited by jhooknc; 11-10-09 at 05:35 AM.
    11-10-09 05:26 AM
    no response whatsoever to my e-mail over a week ago. If they acknowledge the problem and say they are working on it I'm cool but no response is not acceptable. CrackBerry should get involved. I'm not big into paying for aps but shelled out $18 for this one and regretting it.
    11-10-09 08:24 AM
    Here's what I do. Not my idea. Not sure where I got it. But it works for me until they do a fix...
    After a battery pull, Go to applications, select Vlingo and set all the permissions to deny. You will be asked to reboot. Reboot. After the reboot, go back to applications. The permissions should all still be on deny. Occasionally it isn't so you'll have to set them to deny again. After the reboot, if the permissions are all still on deny, then change them to allow. Go to the Vlingo program and start it. Then when you press the convenience button, it should work.

The good thing is I'm only having to reboot every few days now, instead of daily before 5.0...
    11-10-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD