So today my friend had a meeting with some VZW bigwigs and a subject that was brought up was the Storm2 release date. He was informed that the official release date will be Nov. 15th. Now I know alot of people are banking on it being this week but.... I don't know if this is indeed correct or if VZW is tired of all the leaks and are giving people decoy dates. However, I did find it intriguing as he is much higher than a simple VZW rep.

And for those that are Droid chasers, he said one of the guys at the meeting had one but was not even allowed to remove it from his car...such tight wraps around this device. Though the owner of it did say that the web browsing experience on it is simply amazing.
    10-25-09 07:22 PM
    It is the 28th dozens of people have called Verizon and if you prod them enough they will say yes it is the 28th of Oct. This is in contrast with the Oct 21st date where you did not get that confirmation. It is still odd that Verizon is being so quiet.
    10-25-09 07:25 PM
    If doesnt not come out the 28th I am cancelling my contract. Take that Verizon!!!
    10-25-09 07:28 PM
    I dont know anymore LOL, my dad was over at Verizon earlier this week to ask him something about his storm and the guy told him November for Storm 2. Also, they are giving my dad the chance to upgrade one of his storm 1 to storm 2 when it does release.
    10-25-09 07:28 PM
    This time it's different. Call customer support they will either say they don't know or they will confirm the 28th of October. Same with all stores I have called.
    10-25-09 07:34 PM
    I think some people @ VZW merely want to avoid a stampede at the door on Wednesday. They want S2 sink into people's consciousness gradually.
    10-25-09 07:36 PM
    Appreciate the insight brian as I am hopeful as well of a 28th release. Just thought it was odd that they would tell him a contrasting date with what we have known, especially since he isn't just another VZW rep
    10-25-09 07:37 PM
    Mid November is what my Verizon stores are saying.. who knows though
    10-25-09 07:38 PM
    Yeah but did you talk to him today? I think if the rep is smart enough to look at their computer it will tell them the 28th... Before it would say unknown. But you are right no splash, or campaign. People don't know about this release, and they may never really.
    10-25-09 07:40 PM
    If doesnt not come out the 28th I am cancelling my contract. Take that Verizon!!!
    That will show them.
    10-25-09 08:23 PM
    Why are you blaming VZW for a release date they never made official? They never pushed the date and published it!

Relax..Your anger should be with the folks who start this.. "I talked to a rep/insider/upper mgmt/Engineer at the VZW QA Lab..who said...Blah!".....

If not Wed..Then another day..if you don't like the service.. Find another provider!! But dont cancel over something like this....!
    10-25-09 08:36 PM
    I had a phone call from a CSR and a call to a CSR and both said the 28th.

The slow wifi browsing has me hesitant, however.
    10-25-09 08:41 PM
    At this point, in order to make any suggestion as to a new date, there would have to be documented proof newer then what has already been posted on the internet for it to hold any credibility. Anyone can say they know someone who knows the person in charge of anything and they were told whatever date, it just holds no credibility against the images that we have been shown.
    10-25-09 08:42 PM

We have never had wifi before, so why would you let a new feature, thats just a bit slow, stop you? just dont use the wifi and its no loss
    10-25-09 08:43 PM
    There is no official release date yet, period. Regardless of what Mr Brian Petterson says, there is no specific place "on our computers" to look up a release date for a specific phone. We rarely are informed of release dates, unless it is a popular up and coming release. We did receive a fair amount of training on the Storm 2, but that's it. As I mentioned in another thread, we are scheduled to have a major meeting this coming Friday and my store manager seems to think it may have to do with new product and release dates. If it comes out earlier than that then it will be a surprise at store level.
    10-25-09 08:45 PM
    It is the 28th dozens of people have called Verizon and if you prod them enough they will say yes it is the 28th of Oct. This is in contrast with the Oct 21st date where you did not get that confirmation. It is still odd that Verizon is being so quiet.
    ?? 1st you all say VZW reps are brainless monkeys who know nothing. But know you are are saying they do? Make up yaw mind hypocrites.. If they dont know anything, then why are you are stalking them via phone asking about a release date and actually beliveing them?
    10-25-09 08:50 PM
    ?? 1st you all say VZW reps are brainless monkeys who know nothing. But know you are are saying they do? Make up yaw mind hypocrites.. If they dont know anything, then why are you are stalking them via phone asking about a release date and actually beliveing them?
    Because some people don't have a life.
    10-25-09 08:52 PM

There is only one carrier available where we live...Verizon. And coverage is one-bar marginal. So our best bet for really using the Blackberry more effectively is wifi. I'm so inclined to go with the Storm2, primarily because of wifi. But that Droid's looking more and more attractive! I'll visit our closest Verizon store (2 hours from our area) on Wednesday and see what they have, if anything, to compare.
    10-25-09 08:54 PM
    We have never had wifi before, so why would you let a new feature, thats just a bit slow, stop you? just dont use the wifi and its no loss
    I see no reason to buy this over the Tour if the wifi isn't faster.
    10-25-09 08:55 PM
    wrong

Oct 28th it is
    10-25-09 09:21 PM
    Getting excited for the 28th!!!
    10-25-09 09:22 PM
    Well worst comes to worse then I have to wait a whole month for my annual. Big deal... But I am being honest so I have no worries.

As for you I have no idea what got your goat... Having personal issues? There are other forums for that.
    verizon rarely moves up an annual upgrade just because they expect you to have it at least one year

take my advice and sit tight...from what i've seen with both the storm and tour is that the people who wait will be better off

from bad software/horrid screens on the storm to the trackball/ripples/battery door of the tour, just wait it out...you'll be happy and less frustrated that you did
    10-25-09 09:24 PM
    Enough with these stupid stories already. Its coming out the 28th ad you're a moron

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 09:24 PM
    Enough with these stupid stories already. Its coming out the 28th ad you're a moron

LOL, says a Lynrd SkyNERD fan to someone else LOL
    10-25-09 09:30 PM
    Storm 2 isn't a big deal in he big picture. I've seen them not advertise a phone before. The Motorola phone is gonna be what kicks it this season.

10-25-09 09:39 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD