MY computer recognizes it as usb mass, but desktop manager doesn't, i was going to try to reinstall the driver.. any link?
    10-25-09 05:32 PM
    go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and redownload DM and plug your storm into it. Or try rebooting your pc and see if it recognizes it.
    10-25-09 05:34 PM
    ok i just downloaded it, took like an hour, installed it, plugged it in and nothing... same thing.... i googled it and seems to be a common problem
    10-25-09 08:11 PM
    It's not a common problem, just probable user error.

Unplug the BB WHILE you uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager. THEN plug in the BB and let the drivers load.
    10-25-09 08:23 PM
    it says my driver date is : 4. 16. 2008 and is version 4.1.0.4 when i go to device manager and look at blackberry smartphone
    10-25-09 08:27 PM
    It's not a common problem, just probable user error.

Unplug the BB WHILE you uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager. THEN plug in the BB and let the drivers load.
    i did that this time, i opened DM and it said something like at this time make sure bb device is plugged in... i hit ok, plugged it in, then windows found new hardware and installed drivers
    10-25-09 08:28 PM
    i did that this time, i opened DM and it said something like at this time make sure bb device is plugged in... i hit ok, plugged it in, then windows found new hardware and installed drivers
    dl any OS. Full not hybrid, the drivers should be good after, i had that problem before.
    10-25-09 08:31 PM
    dl any OS. Full not hybrid, the drivers should be good after, i had that problem before.
    thanks will try man, got to find an original OS download, dont seem like they exist no more, ahha, will it be like an exe file?
    10-25-09 08:47 PM
    I had that problem for a while, it turned out it was the USB cord I was using.
    10-25-09 08:48 PM
    check the sticky in the main thread
    10-25-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD