yesterday my phone stoped showing me my text on the external display. just stopped . it still shows the caller picture and id when getting a call but now when i get a text it shows nothing. just stays black. the red light comes on and it still makes the text tone. but no picture and no text. anyone else have this problem?? or anyone know why?? i swear i love this phone when it works right but when it becomes in operative tottally i swear im getting a different phone. maybe not a blackberry at all. i baby this phone and take perfect care of it but it keeps doing strange things...
    10-25-09 03:02 PM
    Did you change the theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 03:30 PM
    no i didnt change anything.. but it did reboot alll by its self like it does sometimes right before this happened. so i turned it off and back on. i took out the battery and put it back. everything else works just fine ... just this...
    10-25-09 04:43 PM
    what version are you runing? a upgrade may help
    10-25-09 04:58 PM
    Go to Options->External Notifications, and see if automatic backlight is on or off.

I have the same situation, but I set it that way to preserve battery life.

10-25-09 08:36 PM
    Mine did that quite a bit. Rebooting the phone would fix it. It only started happening after I updated to the latest OS - go figure.

Joe.
    10-25-09 09:17 PM
    it rebooted by itself but it still didnt fix it... oh well guess i just have to open the phone to see if i have a text or missed call.i tried updating the os. still dont work.i guess its just broken...
    11-03-09 03:31 PM
    I am not so sure it is "just broke" because mine just started this an hour or so ago so I checked her and look wt the thread I find right at the top. But I am getting ready to wipe my phone and yet to start fresh to see if the don't fix the many issues is am currently haveing.

11-03-09 03:49 PM
    ok i plugged my phone to my computer with the usb cord to upload some photos from my computer and it miraculesly started backing working... humm im glad. go figure.
    11-03-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD