View Poll Results: Who will crash first after the download?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon - they have no idea what's coming!!!

5 25.00%
  • CrackBerry - the feedback is just too much!

4 20.00%
  • Neither - they know what's coming

12 60.00%
  • The CrackBerry user - .323? .328? .230? ARGHHHH!!!

3 15.00%
  • There is a new OS coming out?

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I chuckled to myself earlier, thinking about this.

I pictured thousands of CrackBerryHeads sitting in a dark room lit only by the light from their monitor, hunched over their Storm's, drool collecting in one corner of their mouth, eyes glazed, USB cord attached and trembling, waiting for .328 to drop...All the sudden a mass clicking as the entire Storm nation tries to download!

I can't decide what's going to happen first - we're gonna crash Verizon downloading, or we're gonna crash CrackBerry complaining/raving about the OS. My guess is the 10,000 stupid redundant questions/threads posted on here ("Where are my pop up keys?" directly under the thread entitled "No More Pop Up Keys" closely followed by "How does I gets my popup keys back like da iphone????") will crash the CrackBerry servers...but then again, the 10,000 stupid questions a day already haven't done it yet, so we'll see.

Just a little humor to distract from the tension of waiting for the drop (I feel like I'm an addict waiting on the corner for my dealer to show up...it really truly is a Crackberry)
    10-25-09 12:21 PM
    im putting my money on vzw crashing first
    10-25-09 12:23 PM
    Neither.

I got info from a very reliable source that they will only be allowing 100,000 pins at a time. Others will be added throughout the week. It sucks, but it's true. It will still be starting at 6pm tonight EST.
    10-25-09 12:29 PM
    i doubt i will update until an EXE is available.
    10-25-09 12:31 PM
    I agree, I would like the exe but I dont know if it will be a deal breaker for me at this point. Its a back up device for me, and I will probably wait a few days anyways
    10-25-09 12:32 PM
    i doubt i will update until an EXE is available.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. This blows.
    10-25-09 12:33 PM
    Neither.

I got info from a very reliable source that they will only be allowing 100,000 pins at a time. Others will be added throughout the week. It sucks, but it's true. It will still be starting at 6pm tonight EST.
    shady you better not be bull****tin
    10-25-09 12:40 PM
    shady you better not be bull****tin
    I wouldn't play like that, I'm hurt too. It messes with me even more wondering if they going by last names, my last name starts with a damn P.
    10-25-09 12:43 PM
    Most users dont follow web blogs and forums and such so i dont think there will be as much of a bottleneck as most think. Realistically theres a lot of users who still dont know .148 went official. I think theres a severe misconception about how serious people outside of CB and other forums look at their phones. To most its just what it is a cool phone that can do alot of stuff. Most dont understand what that stuff is or care. They saw a cool add on tv and jumped on without knowing what theyre getting into. To expect someone like that to fully take a grasp of all the little ins and outs is alot to ask, as i said most dont care. All they know is "i bought a blackberry so i guess im cool now".
    10-25-09 12:56 PM
    I wouldn't play like that, I'm hurt too. It messes with me even more wondering if they going by last names, my last name starts with a damn P.
    Dumb it!ur still lucky,ur still ahead of me.I'm in f#&#*&^g "R".
    10-25-09 12:59 PM
    Most users dont follow web blogs and forums and such so i dont think there will be as much of a bottleneck as most think. Realistically theres a lot of users who still dont know .148 went official. I think theres a severe misconception about how serious people outside of CB and other forums look at their phones. To most its just what it is a cool phone that can do alot of stuff. Most dont understand what that stuff is or care. They saw a cool add on tv and jumped on without knowing what theyre getting into. To expect someone like that to fully take a grasp of all the little ins and outs is alot to ask, as i said most dont care. All they know is "i bought a blackberry so i guess im cool now".
    Yup, got BOGO on S1 and wife liked it but can get FB online with her envy3. BB? A waste of time to her...

pfffffsh please! lol
    10-25-09 01:01 PM
    I don't see a crash happening. It will only be an hour if that before someone who gets the update via DM uploads the OS folder to a filesharing site and gives a link. Then others will mirror the link.

I will either download the update via DM, and then shrink it before I let DM write it to my phone, or download the files from one of the links that are sure to appear.
    10-25-09 01:05 PM
    Guess my brand of humor is lost on these boards....

c'est la vie!
    10-25-09 03:28 PM
    Stamped. True statement all the way around.
    10-25-09 03:38 PM
    what do you mean by verizon going to crash?
    10-25-09 03:52 PM
    Guess I will be one of the few causing the crash hopefully their servers will be able to handle the load though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 03:56 PM
    Verizon will!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-28-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD