I finally couldn't take not having a full keyboard any longer, so I ordered a Curve 8330 from Sprint today.

Looks like it isn't much larger than the Pearl, but will give me the full keyboard, and a larger (wider) screen.

Anybody else doing the same?
    05-09-08 02:14 PM
    I'm a Verizon guy. But yes I think I am jumping ship to the curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 02:26 PM
    I'll be sticking with the pearl. I had a curve when I was with AT&T and I really like the smaller form factor of the pearl.
    05-09-08 02:43 PM
    The Pearl is actually my FIRST blackberry, I like it. The girl did show me a curve, I wasn't impressed :/
    05-09-08 02:49 PM
    I'm jumping ship from my ATT curve to the Sprint Curve....can't beat the 69.99 Simply Everything plan! Plus, their coverage is comparable in my area.
    05-09-08 03:03 PM
    Just got my 8830 and while tempting I think I will wait for the next gen. I really like what I am seeing of the 9000 series or whatever they wind up calling it.
    05-09-08 03:24 PM
    I'm jumping ship from my ATT curve to the Sprint Curve....can't beat the 69.99 Simply Everything plan! Plus, their coverage is comparable in my area.

Don't you mean the $99 Simply Everything plan?
    05-09-08 03:53 PM
    Sticking with the Pearl.. Pretty much same features with the great form factor!

05-09-08 03:56 PM
    I'm sticking with the Pearl...the entire reason I got it was because it's smaller, and I actually prefer the SureType keypad now that I'm used to it.
    05-09-08 03:58 PM
    Did Sprint change the plan to 69.99??
    05-09-08 05:10 PM
    Did Sprint change the plan to 69.99??
    I was curious too, so I checked with Sprint. They do have a $69 "Simply Everything" plan, but it doesn't include everything... How lame is that?
    05-09-08 05:13 PM
    I'm sticking with the Pearl...the entire reason I got it was because it's smaller, and I actually prefer the SureType keypad now that I'm used to it.
    I'm just curious about something... you folks that say you prefer the suretype keypad... have you come from a smartphone with a full on qwerty keyboard, or are you former flip phone text warriors? Suretype would seem like a major improvement to that, but if you've come from another qwerty smartphone to the Pearl, I think it's more likely to find it extremely frustrating.
    05-09-08 05:15 PM
    I came from a Treo 680 and yes it's a little frustrating but I really don't text a lot so it doesn't make a difference. Also I like the form factor. I like the curve but the Pearl felt great in my hands and from a girlie point if fits perfectly without no bulk in some of my trousers and Suits and specially the little handbags that we like to carry.
    05-09-08 05:30 PM
    I sooooo jumped ship! Boo Yah! Woot woot!!

05-09-08 05:32 PM
    I've been biding my time to jump onto any ship - my brother is with AT&T and raved about his Curve. After messing with it, I was convinced. Just waited for it to finally come out on Verizon. Ordered today - expecting it tomorrow.
    05-09-08 05:56 PM
    My first phone was tha pearl.. i hated the curve then, i thought it looked too manly... but after i lost my pearl i decided to get the curve and couldnt be happier!!
    05-09-08 05:58 PM
    I came from a curve and before that a treo. Suretype's not so bad. Some of my typos are really funny!

The 69.99 Simply Everything plan includes unlimited everything except minutes. Minutes are included, they're just not umlimited (I forget how many you get for that price). It's great for people who don't make a lot of calls but do a lot of everything else.
    05-09-08 06:06 PM
    I jumped shipped today. I came from various Teros to the Pearl 8130 now I'm heading towards the Curve and I love it. The form factor is great the size is perfect and I missed my full keyboard. The only thing I wish RIM could add is full threadded messaging.

05-09-08 06:06 PM
    I'm just curious about something... you folks that say you prefer the suretype keypad... have you come from a smartphone with a full on qwerty keyboard, or are you former flip phone text warriors? Suretype would seem like a major improvement to that, but if you've come from another qwerty smartphone to the Pearl, I think it's more likely to find it extremely frustrating.
    I've come from both a "normal" keypad and a QWERTY. I think the QWERTY just irritated me because it made the phone too wide for my comfort level. To me the Pearl is the perfect size.
    05-09-08 06:42 PM
    I tried and hated the Curve keyboard - it may be qwerty but the buttons are TINY. I'll take suretype anyday over that.

I am gonna wait for the 9000. I like it's looks better than the Curve. The Curve is okay, but I think the Pearl is prettier.
    05-09-08 07:17 PM
    i jumped from a pearl to a curve and i love it, it is a little bit bigger but nothing that bothers me especially with having the awesome full keyboard and wider screen... i love my curve
    05-09-08 07:26 PM
    I'm sticking with the pearl, by the time I get the curve something better will come along. They are getting enough of my money!!! LOL
    05-09-08 07:55 PM
    Jumped from a Treo 650 (finally died) about a month ago and now exchanging for the sCurve. I miss the full qwerty and the bigger screen.

Heck at my age I need all the visual help I can get!!
    05-09-08 08:11 PM
    I actually went from the 8100 to an unlocked 8310 and when the 8120 launched on tmobile I snatched one up. I much prefer the smaller form factor.

05-09-08 11:17 PM
    I played with an AT&T curve after I got my pearl and the keys reminded me of my alias, too small and close together. I'm sticking with my pearl until the kickstart cdma version comes out. Plus I didn't care for the number layout on the curve.

05-09-08 11:27 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD