I just recently upgraded to 5.0.0.314, and noticed a "Mobile Backup Option" in my options screen, was wondering if anybody else had upgraded and noticed this, and if it was going to be a new service from T-mobile. I read up on Mobile Backup at the Tmobile web site and as it stands right now, it isn't supported for the Blackberry Phones. I went ahead and tested it out, it seems fast, and all of my contacts showed up from my phone to my contacts list at mytmobile. I hope that this is here to stay...

Tim
    Last edited by proactix; 10-24-09 at 11:44 PM.
    10-24-09 11:37 PM
    I did it, works great, I love the idea!

Now they just need to get the VVM working and we will be set!
    Last edited by BlackBerry Brian; 10-25-09 at 12:31 AM.
    10-25-09 12:19 AM
    The new BBM also backs up contacts. Saved my bacon earlier this week on a Wireless Update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 12:23 AM
    When I got my 9700 last week there was a label telling me that This Device Does Not Support Mobile Backup, so I called TMO and asked about it. I was told that there was an upgrade coming that would allow me to use it on the 9700. Then last night I get a text message telling me it is available. It tells me I need to register one or more of my email accounts. So I do that and click register and have yet to hear from them. Just called tech support and the girl tells me that it is not supported on BB because we have DM that does the same thing. She told me that TMO sends out text messages to customers regardless of what handset you have.
    11-21-09 01:03 PM
    I just purchased a 9700 and was told there'd be some sort of upgrade for mobile contact back up... I CANNOT find it... Anyone????? Please... I have 422 contacts on my tmobile account that I MUST be able to sync with my new darling 9700.... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ANYONE?????????????????
    01-28-10 08:43 AM
    I just purchased a 9700 and was told there'd be some sort of upgrade for mobile contact back up... I CANNOT find it... Anyone????? Please... I have 422 contacts on my tmobile account that I MUST be able to sync with my new darling 9700.... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ANYONE?????????????????
    01-28-10 09:13 AM
    using .423 and i dont have this option on my phone< have no idea why, but some ppl do have it, called my great carrier to ask and they said the 9700 does not support this option (what ever!!) so maybe my next os update ill be able to, but not on bell mobile os i have
    01-28-10 09:55 AM
    I just spoke to tech support regarding the Mobile Backup. There's a known issue on the 9700s which they're working on at the moment. She told me that there will be a software update for the device and when it's available, we will get a text message. I upgraded to .423 to see if I could fix a couple of issues earlier this month, which didn't work, but I didn't check if there was that Mobile Backup option. Now I'm back on .330 again and my issues were resolved. Best bet, backup your contacts through DM but don't use that Wireless Synchronization crap. Disable it from BIS also or you'll end up with 1000 contacts instead of 500. LOL
    01-31-10 06:24 AM
    I've had OS 5.0.0.348 running on my 8900 since it was leaked, having hesitated to load 411 since the reports made my suspect it was not especially problem-free yet.

With 348, I found that I could *start* a mobile backup, but it was always fail after uploading the first 35 to 50 contacts -- consistently.

I just upgraded my 8900 to 5.0.0461. The OS feel significantly improved -- navigation seems crisper, memory level is much better, and battery life seems enormously improved.

But that all aside, I'm posting in this thread because I also tried out mobile backup again. This time, it got to more than 100 contacts uploaded and then stopped. So I tried once more, and this time it ran all the way through in just a couple of minutes (I'm connected via WiFi / UMA right now), uploading 524 contacts.

I logged onto my.t-mobile.com and was happy to see all of my 524 contacts sitting there on the site, perfectly backed up.

Very nice! That in itself is motivation to move up to the latest version of the OS!
    01-31-10 02:45 PM
    I upgraded to the 9700 in November and upgraded the OS from .330 to .442 in December. When I did Mobile Backup began to work. Now over the last week or so it stopped. I keep getting Sync Fail. Has anyone else had this problem? T-Mobile won't help me since the 9700 doesn't support Mobile Backup and I'm quite sure if I tell them I upgraded the OS they won't help me with any problems I have.
    02-04-10 10:54 AM
    I've also had trouble the past couple of days with mobile backup, it keeps saying sync failed. Hopefully they are working on getting it worked out.

02-04-10 04:34 PM
    I did it, works great, I love the idea!

Now they just need to get the VVM working and we will be set!
    It worked on my 8900 when I updated my os.
    02-04-10 06:30 PM
    Use smrtguard. Its free and will back everything up....and it works every time.

02-06-10 02:30 AM
    Aww they don't offer it for older bbs.

02-18-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD