OK, I'd like to say something...

Why do we need so much redundancy on certain screens on the Storm OS? More so when it actually kills usability like taking up space that could be used for other things.

Case in point... The "Callback Number:" field in the Threaded SMS window. WTF is that needed for? According to VZW, they wanted it there to allow you to select the field and call someone back via the Menu key. Ok, guess what... the option to call the person back or call the number back (if it's not in your address book) is already an option on the BB Menu no matter if the Callback Number field is there or not. Why you ask? Simple, since RIM changed the SMS to threaded SMS, ever time you're within a conversation, it'll always be ONE PERSON, so the callback option on the Menu WILL ALWAYS be just that person. You can't mess it up.

So yeah, now we have to stare at another thing on the screen that just takes up the room we could use to actually read the SMS text on the screen. Yey!
    10-24-09 09:05 PM
    Yeah bugs me too. I would love to see more of what I have written than call back number.
    I know that some people will say that the met OS will fix this and that but it seems to me that since I started using BBs six months ago, that is all I have heard. Wish RIM just got it right and be done with it. Honestly I am getting tired of all these leaks. Why not just make minor updates without doing a complete overall and work on the next generation OS platform to compete with the androids and Win7 devices coming out next year. Is it that hard or are they just to resting on their laurels?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 09:17 PM

Civic,
    Just wondering if you've ever had anything good to say about anything BB? Just curious...
    You must be fun to be in a relationship with

(BTW I am just messing with you...I would never ever think of starting to find half of the bugs you come up with, And I tip my cap...just couldn't resist a little good natures ribbing, as you seem to have a good sense of humor)
    10-24-09 09:29 PM
    Well actually. The Callback thing serves great for me. When we first got threaded SMS, I would accidently send a text message to a previous chat where I sent a message to multiple people, but it showed up as I was just texting that one person, but they all got the text I sent to that one person. I almost did that this time, but all the numbers were listed in the callback bar so I backed out of it. There were some inconsistencies with this threaded SMS but Im sure by official the majority of these new feature issues will become non existent.

But its actually overall much more organized than .230 in .323 so I dont know maybe your right, it being there doesnt bother me though.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 10-24-09 at 10:18 PM.
    10-24-09 09:33 PM

Civic,
    Just wondering if you've ever had anything good to say about anything BB? Just curious...
    You must be fun to be in a relationship with

(BTW I am just messing with you...I would never ever think of starting to find half of the bugs you come up with, And I tip my cap...just couldn't resist a little good natures ribbing, as you seem to have a good sense of humor)
    lol, think of me as that little voice in the back of RIM's head...
    10-24-09 09:34 PM
    You might be right. They do seem to start from scratch every time a new leak comes out instead of building on something they already have done. Like the 3G showing than not on next build. Just as simple as that, or should I say as petty as that. I don't really care about that but some people apparently do and they try to appease them.

10-24-09 09:35 PM
    I've been accidentally hitting alt+Backspace lately too, deletes the entire message I was just typing. Have to train myself I guess,
    10-24-09 09:59 PM
    When I first put os on storm, I noticed the number on all sms threads. Now its gone! Wth

10-24-09 10:59 PM
    i agree, it bugs the crap out of my when i have to scroll to read an entire text because there is a huge callback number and top bar with an empty box for a contact picture. no setting to change it either >.>
    10-24-09 11:02 PM
    RIM would be better served reading these Forums than listening to anything Verizon has to say/or is passing along from their "customers". The power users are here. The suggestion box at your local Verizon store is available to anybody that can find the place in the first place to complain that their VZ Navigator couldn't find the place, only to discover they don't have an active Navigator account.

The dopey callback number bar sounds like the kind of thing MS Windows trys to do (in any flavor since Win98) try to be so frigging helpful you can't get any work done. Wonder what RIM will name their "paperclip" in the next OS?
    10-24-09 11:40 PM
    yeah I hate the Callback number thing too. In fact I've noticed that its only present on certain contacts. When the callback number is present, I seem to be missing or not receiving some texts messages, and I can't scroll through the conversation. When the call back number is absent, I get all the texts and can scroll through the entire conversation. Anyone else experience this too?
    10-25-09 12:03 AM
    yeah I hate the Callback number thing too. In fact I've noticed that its only present on certain contacts. When the callback number is present, I seem to be missing or not receiving some texts messages, and I can't scroll through the conversation. When the call back number is absent, I get all the texts and can scroll through the entire conversation. Anyone else experience this too?
    I believe the callback number bar is only present when a contact is another Verizon customer. Hence, not a RIM bug but a Verizon "feature". <sigh>
    10-25-09 12:07 AM
    I believe the callback number bar is only present when a contact is another Verizon customer. Hence, not a RIM bug but a Verizon "feature". <sigh>
    Damn, I can't believe I didn't catch onto that pattern. Now I'm seriously rolling my eyes at VZW/RIM. WTF good is this feature?

10-25-09 12:12 AM
    Note to self ... 1. write the Verizon Contact Hide Callback Bar app ... 2. prepare for ticker-tape parade in my honor ...
    10-25-09 12:20 AM
    Hate to bust your bubble, but I don't get a callback number with all Verizon customers. Specifically, I get the callback number and problems with my son, but not with my daughter. Both Verizon users

Thats why its so annoying for me. I have been missing texts from my son. and can't scroll through the convo, and it seems to be tied with the darn Callback number thing
    10-25-09 12:32 AM
    Damn, I can't believe I didn't catch onto that pattern. Now I'm seriously rolling my eyes at VZW/RIM. WTF good is this feature?

Free In-Network minutes to call that contact?

10-25-09 12:34 AM
    If you hit the call button in a txt thread it will ask if you want to call them. So yeah why the number? I will say that the number NO longer shows up in any of my txts VZW or non-VZW contact, weird...
    10-25-09 02:08 AM
    Actually only happens when VZW phone number has a cb number on there sig. Since its by default. I'm sure it would go away if they disable the cb in there sig.

10-25-09 02:25 AM
    It doesn't bother me I'm not that anal about things like that.
    10-25-09 02:40 AM
    Call back number has literally nothing to do with our phones but the person sending the text message. Their is a setting

10-25-09 11:20 AM
    lol, think of me as that little voice in the back of RIM's head...
    well if they listened to the voice, from what I've heard you say they would be releasing a flawless OS after just a few builds
    10-25-09 11:24 AM
    well if they listened to the voice, from what I've heard you say they would be releasing a flawless OS after just a few builds
    Nah... they'd never release another build again because it would never meet up to Civic's standards. They'd likely just throw in the towel.
    10-25-09 02:49 PM
    I don't see this call back option anywhere.

10-25-09 03:14 PM
    have you gotten txts from verizon numbers on .323 yet? it only shows up at the bottom of the threaded sms messages from Verizon users
    10-25-09 03:29 PM

Options--->SMS text

It's not in the other options screen:

SMS and MMS--->BB Button
    10-25-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD