Does anybody else think that the Facebook app for the Blackberry sucks? Has anyone seen the ones for the iPhone and the Palm Pre? They look so awesome - pretty much like you'd see it on a computer. I wish they would update it and have it look a little more decent.
    10-23-09 10:00 PM
    Does anybody else think that the Facebook app for the Blackberry sucks? Has anyone seen the ones for the iPhone and the Palm Pre? They look so awesome - pretty much like you'd see it on a computer. I wish they would update it and have it look a little more decent.
    I agree I liked the old 1.6 verison better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 10:23 PM
    Complain to the Devs. I don't really care anyway, I never use it.
    10-23-09 10:25 PM
    I mostly just use the mobile site.
    10-23-09 10:32 PM
    I wish it was better, mostly that it didn't lag so terribly. Other than that it's fine.

Hopefully it'll run better on the new OS. Whenever that gets released

10-23-09 10:50 PM
    I wish it was better, mostly that it didn't lag so terribly. Other than that it's fine.

Hopefully it'll run better on the new OS. Whenever that gets released

Well, I'm running the 5.0 OS on my Tour and I can tell you that facebook is no better.

10-23-09 10:52 PM
    Comapred to the iPhone app, it pretty much sucks.

10-24-09 01:19 AM
    I installed it, but I ended up deleting it after a few days. The refresh and update is too slown, and for some reason I can never send a message ton anyone with Facebook 1.7. A message saying that it's updating my contacts list appears, and it stalls at 99%
    The mobile site is pretty fast, while the application is very slow. I wish they would make some major improvements.

10-24-09 01:32 AM
    Every facebook app we've had (each version rather) has been horrid. I have nothing but bad things to say about this donkey of a software build. The ONLY reason I have it installed is so I can upload pictures mobiley (yeah, it's a word!). I have every feature possible turned off, and only get notified when I get a message or a friend request.

I always use the mobile site, as some others have mentioned as well.

And, as an aside, not a big fan of the new Facebook layout on my PC either!
    10-24-09 01:50 AM
    Keep complaining to who ever ya want if ya don't use the app why even comment at all?

10-24-09 03:35 AM
    An alternative to the mobile site is Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

It's not much better but is something different!
    10-24-09 03:55 AM
    An alternative to the mobile site is http ://x.facebook dot com

It's not much better but is something different!
    10-24-09 03:57 AM
    Hmmm i must be the only BB user who actually likes the FB app. loo
    10-24-09 04:06 AM
    I hate to start a new thread just for this, so maybe someone will see this question here:

Can I post/share a link I find via the FB app? (I use the new 1.7) Or even via the mobile site?

I have found that I can add a "note" which is just a link via the mobile site, but it's clunky to get there.

I hate that I can't seem to find an easy way to share interesting links on FB.

thanks
    Matt
    10-24-09 09:05 AM
    I started using 1.6 a few months ago when I became a member. Now I am using 1.7. I am not programmer and I swear I must have written this app. It is so horrid and disappointing. It seems as RIM just does not care about the slop they put out anymore from hardware to software. Their Quality Control is worse than Computer Associates when they release software.

They need to fire the lot of idiots they have making the decisions and spank the higher up with a slotted metal spoon in public to really embarrass them.

How can they get away with release this crap?

RIM's actions is forcing me to dislike their products more and more every day. I am looking for an alternative due to the crappy OS, crappy software, and crappy hardware.

I dont know anymore about RIM or what they release. Maybe they have gotten to big for their own good or they think their crap does not stink anymore. They seriously need to look at these forums and see the mess they have made of the products and releases and do something about it ASAP and not in next quarter or next year attitude.
    10-24-09 09:20 AM
    The app suck, I use the mobile site, its much better

10-24-09 10:30 AM
    The app suck, I use the mobile site, its much better

I've been using the mobile site too, but that's the point. Shouldn't FB look and feel much like the PC version? I mean if iPhone and Palm Pre users can get it like that, why can't RIM or whoever (the developer) get it at least a little closer to the real thing? Like the other poster said, I use it mostly for mobile uploads.
    10-25-09 07:37 PM
    I like it too. I never seem to have issues with it like others. I know the iphone app has it's issues to and it doesn't seem any better or different. I also use Bolt for some aPps on Facebook. I find it pretty damm sweet I can make any transaction and set my fantasy football roster with bolt on Facebook.

Hmmm i must be the only BB user who actually likes the FB app. loo
    10-25-09 11:46 PM
    I just wish I could set what notifications I want to receive through the app. I finally just turned all notifications off and now go into the mobile site when I want to see if someone has left anything for me.
    12-03-10 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD