I decided to take the plunge and try to install 5.0 on my Tour.

Right now I am sitting at the "Waiting to connect to device" part of the install. The phone went through the reboot, and is just sitting at the "Verizon" screen now. It's been sitting at that screen for at least 45 minutes now.

Is this the sign of something going wrong?

What should I do now?
    10-23-09 02:43 PM
    I decided to take the plunge and try to install 5.0 on my Tour.

Right now I am sitting at the "Waiting to connect to device" part of the install. The phone went through the reboot, and is just sitting at the "Verizon" screen now. It's been sitting at that screen for at least 45 minutes now.

Is this the sign of something going wrong?

What should I do now?

Sounds like a bad install. I'd wipe clean and re-install it. It should be fine next try, as long as your doing everything in the correct order.
    10-23-09 03:07 PM
    I did a battery pull and everything loaded up fine. Now, the phone keeps rebooting every time I connect it to the computer.
    10-23-09 03:11 PM
    I cant wait for the official release
    10-23-09 03:13 PM
    I followed the directions from CrackBerry to the letter. Everything went as they explained. Fortunately, the battery pull fixed the major issue. Now there's just the minor inconvenience of the device rebooting when it connects to DM.

How can I do anything with the device if I can't get it to connect to DM without rebooting?

How do I wipe the blackberry clean to do a fresh install of OS 5?
    10-23-09 03:21 PM

How can I do anything with the device if I can't get it to connect to DM without rebooting?

How do I wipe the blackberry clean to do a fresh install of OS 5?

Using a program like JL commander OR BBSAK OR crackutil <<the one I like best

You really don't need DM, these programs can do just about everything. I just use the loader.exe to install the OS quickly and easily.
    10-23-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD