I can't get google maps 3.2 to work with BB maps. I have a verizon 8330. I am on a work BES also. Google 3.2 works but no layer option in BB maps....WTF? OS v4.5.0.169
    Last edited by bladegrip; 10-27-09 at 04:31 AM.
    10-23-09 12:08 PM
    Wow I am feeling the love
    10-27-09 04:30 AM
    installing the upgrade now. i have an 8330 and verizon also, will let you know.
    10-27-09 07:00 AM
    I can't get google maps 3.2 to work with BB maps. I have a verizon 8330. I am on a work BES also. Google 3.2 works but no layer option in BB maps....WTF? OS v4.5.0.169
    What on gods green earth are you talking about? Google Maps and BB maps are two different applications. You're not making any sense at all.
    10-27-09 08:26 AM
    What on gods green earth are you talking about? Google Maps and BB maps are two different applications. You're not making any sense at all.
    Different applications?? Read the post header. I assumed a Crackberry head would know that Google Map Layers works with BB maps.
    10-27-09 12:03 PM
    Just out of curiosity why not use google maps instead? Is it because it being a work phone? Not that I'm a moderator but let's not flame each other ;p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:33 PM
    I don't think google maps and bbmaps are integrated -- atleast not on my sprint curve 8330. so again, not sure what the OP is talking about with google layers not working on BB maps. New features in Google Maps are exactly that -- new features for GOOGLE MAPS, not BB MAPS.
    10-28-09 01:40 AM
    Google Maps and BB Maps are two separate applications that DO NOT INTERACT, do not share data, do not share layers, do not do anything together. They are independent and isolated. Your initial post made no sense at all in any context of any application. So to conclude, you're still wrong despite all your babble.
    10-28-09 02:39 PM
    I think I understand the source of the OP's confusion. BBMaps does have a "Layers" menu entry, similar to Google Maps. And if you search for a location using BBMaps, it uses Google for its search engine, and labels the results "Google search results." But searching for a location in Google does not put the location on BBMaps. I can't find any connection between the two apps.

Verizon won't allow Google Maps to use the internal GPS in a Verizon 8330. So if the OP wants true GPS performance, he'll have to use BBMaps. That, and VZNav, are the only apps that can access the internal GPS in a Verizon 8330.
    10-30-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD