There are a lot of BB users on here that are very happy with there Storm 1, so what I want to know is what are your personal gripes that make it worthwhile to upgrade to the Storm 2?

Personally, if my screen would click evenly everywhere on the screen and consistent from day to day, I would probably hold out on getting the S2.

With the 5.0 software just around the corner, and from running the new leaks, my S1 is performing the way I always wanted it to. I don't load many apps so my memory never goes below 30-35mb. WiFi is nice but not a necessity to me. Other then that awesome new screen technology, I could stay with the S1 and pass on the S2.

Please let's hear your real gripes that make you wanna go out and get the S2, Thanks
    10-23-09 08:02 AM
    I can't speak about upgrading from the original storm, but as someone who is eligible for early upgrade this weekend I have been watching these threads and trying to decide whether to grab the S2 or save some coin and grab the original on the cheap. The only real thing that has me leaning towards the S2 is the improvements with the screen. Honestly I have no use for wifi on a phone. And, like you, I really don't need a ton of memory, so either phone would suffice. So you can see why I keep going back and forth; it's tough to decide if it's worth the extra money for the newer, hopefully better screen.
    10-23-09 08:17 AM
    Pure and simple...I have a line eligible for upgrade and I'm an addict. BTW...Rangers Suck.
    10-23-09 08:48 AM
    I can't speak about upgrading from the original storm, but as someone who is eligible for early upgrade this weekend I have been watching these threads and trying to decide whether to grab the S2 or save some coin and grab the original on the cheap. The only real thing that has me leaning towards the S2 is the improvements with the screen. Honestly I have no use for wifi on a phone. And, like you, I really don't need a ton of memory, so either phone would suffice. So you can see why I keep going back and forth; it's tough to decide if it's worth the extra money for the newer, hopefully better screen.
    I mean I can probably live with the S1 screen, but it is so inconsistent in different points on the screen, and it starts driving me crazy and making me think of how much I paid and how much I'm paying every month
    10-23-09 08:48 AM
    I have four reasons for wanting the S2. And here they are:
    That's pretty much the reason for me too!!!
    10-23-09 08:49 AM
    I have four reasons for wanting the S2. And here they are:
    Same as my 4, and I have the added bonus of my NE2
    10-23-09 08:52 AM
    I currently have an 8130 Pearl.

Nuff said lol.

More screen real estate, more memory, and more capability in general

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 08:56 AM
    I have an 8830 WE with 1 non-standard app.

I have to do 2-3 battery pulls a day.

It is a refurbed unit with water damage.
    10-23-09 09:01 AM
    I have an Alltel Razr V3a with a North Carolina phone number - and I'm in California...

Why wouldn't I upgrade!!
    10-23-09 10:10 AM
    I have an Alltel Razr V3a with a North Carolina phone number - and I'm in California...

Why wouldn't I upgrade!!
    Thats messed up. Razr.

An iPhone would even be an upgrade!
    10-23-09 10:15 AM
    I have just over 3 months before I can get a 1 year upgrade. With 5.0 rapidly approaching as official. I'm going to wait and see what else is out in Feb.

No immediate upgrade for me.
    10-23-09 10:18 AM
    Wifi FTW!

10-23-09 10:20 AM

Nuff said lol.

More screen real estate, more memory, and more capability in general

Same here. It was my first BlackBerry; now I want a grown-up one. Thankfully I'm up for new every two. I am going to wait till I can get my hands on a Storm2 in the store, and if I have any misgivings I am going to wait a bit longer and check out the Droid. I guess I could get the Storm2 and return it within 30 days if I like the Droid better.
    10-23-09 10:20 AM
    Its definitely worth it to me. I need WIFI... also the new screen tech and bump in app memory and new design is a huge plus.
    10-23-09 10:21 AM
    Pure and simple...I have a line eligible for upgrade and I'm an addict. BTW...Rangers Suck.
    I fast became an addict too Oh and BTW! Don't tell me your an Islander fan
    10-23-09 10:25 AM
    currently running on a crappy phone (LG Venus) and this phone has always had my attention... the HTC HD2 is just a little too far in horizon to wait for.
    10-23-09 10:28 AM
    I've had my storm since last December. I'm quite familiar with it. WIFI will be nice, but the real key to me is the typing. I had a BB 8830 prior to the storm and could type like crazy on that thing. I find serious e-mailing and typing in general on the Storm 1 a real problem. The first thing I am going to do when the S2 comes out is go to verizon and trying typing. If it is not significantly better for me than the S1, none of the other options will make an upgrade worth it to me at least.
    10-23-09 10:29 AM
    Same here. It was my first BlackBerry; now I want a grown-up one. Thankfully I'm up for new every two. I am going to wait till I can get my hands on a Storm2 in the store, and if I have any misgivings I am going to wait a bit longer and check out the Droid. I guess I could get the Storm2 and return it within 30 days if I like the Droid better.
    I completely agree. The pearl was enough to get me hooked, now I want a phone that is actually capable of stuff, like accurate navigation, etc lol.
    I'm going to pick up the storm2 the day it comes out, and try it for those 30 days, and if I don't like it, I might check out the droid.

10-23-09 10:37 AM
    I have an 8830WE with trackball issues so it's a worthy upgrade!

Other reasons:
    More memory to run the apps I currently run on my PDA(scrap my WinMo PDA)
    No trackball
    Larger Screen
    Room for Apps without memory lockups!

10-23-09 10:37 AM
    I've had my storm since last December. I'm quite familiar with it. WIFI will be nice, but the real key to me is the typing. I had a BB 8830 prior to the storm and could type like crazy on that thing. I find serious e-mailing and typing in general on the Storm 1 a real problem. The first thing I am going to do when the S2 comes out is go to verizon and trying typing. If it is not significantly better for me than the S1, none of the other options will make an upgrade worth it to me at least.
    Same here! I absolutely love my storm! But I absolutely hate the uneven no uniform click! I just want that new screen technology and the updated hardware! Bc hardware was my stom 1 biggest issue!

10-23-09 10:41 AM
    My Curve 8330 needs to be laid to rest before I smash it into a million little tiny pieces! Ready for something new and fresh!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 10-23-09 at 11:08 AM.
    10-23-09 10:43 AM

Nuff said lol.
    Exactly... on T-Mobile in my case. I'm off contract so it's a chance to get a better carrier and a better phone. Have to stick to BB due to work, and within that realm of options I think Storm2 > latest Bold etc. I don't like large (wide) phones if the screen ain't touch... or, in other words, the only reason I'd carry around something bigger than a Pearl is to have a touch screen.
    10-23-09 11:07 AM
    My Curve 8330 is still in very good shape, but I'm ready to try something different. My NE2 has been up for quite awhile. I passed on the Tour because it's so similiar to my Curve. Plus, I love that big ol screen on the S2 .

10-23-09 12:32 PM
    I think I may hold out for the Droid, but originally my main reason (I am probably the only one saying this) is the screen. Not the click, touch, blah blah blah stuff. But the fact that the screen feels like a part of the device and not some free floating thing that feels like it is barely staying on.
    10-23-09 01:47 PM
    Hrmmm....

1. Better screen tech
    2. More RAM
    3. Non leaked 5.0
    4. Wifi
    5. Im a gadget geek and have to have the latest
    10-23-09 02:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD