hello,

suddenly the speakers stopped working, i have no idea why, i didn't update anything maybe i did some action tha could cause it but i don't know which one, my phone is on normal profile even on loud still no sound, i can play mp3, well "play" and hear no sound, the speaker for calls works but no the one for playing the external sounds and ringtones, please help me
    10-23-09 06:28 AM
    Did you try a battery pull yet?
    10-23-09 06:33 AM
    no, not really
    10-23-09 06:53 AM
    Did you try a battery pull yet?
    did not help, couldn't i press somehow the mute button or something that could cause something?
    10-23-09 07:17 AM
    so this was really weird, this article helped me a lot, now it all works

"WELL I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BB BOLD.. ALL IN SOFTWARE WAS GOOD.. LOUD.. VOLUME HIGH.. AND EVERYTHING. AND READING A LITTLE BIT FROM EVERYWHERE.. I GOT TO THE POINT THAT THIS IS A HARDWARE ISSUE.. SO THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT..

I WENT AHEAD AND GIVE PLAY ON A SONG.. AND TURN THE VOLUME UP.. ALL THE WAY.. AFTER TAHT I SLIGHTLY REMOVE THE BATTERY DOOR.. SO I STARTED TO HEAR A LITTLE SOUND.. AND I NOTICED THAT EVERYTIME I PUT THE BATTERY DOOR BACK.. IT STOPPED MAKING THE SOUND.. SO IF YOU SEE.. WHERE GOES THE LED FLASH.. ITS LIKE A FACEPLATE.. WITH A LOT OF DOTS ON IT ON THE SIDES.. ABOVE THE CAMERA.. SO I LIFT THAT FACE PLATE UP.. A LITTLE BIT HARD..AND IT STARTED TO MAKE SOUND A LITTLE BIT LOUDER.. SO I LIFTED IT UP A LITTLE BIT MORE.. AND VOILA.. PROBLEM FIXED..

I DONT KNOW.. IF IT WILL SOLVE IT FOR LONG TIME.. BUT HARDWARE SPEAKER WAS THE PROBLEM ON MINE.."

...so im asking

what the funk?
    BlastSand and gina30k like this.
    10-23-09 07:28 AM
    Were you listening to music or anything on headphones before you discovered that the sound doesn't work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 07:33 AM
    i was cleaning the lenses of the camera, that probably caused the speakers not to work because i touched it according to the article above the blackberry doesnt like it so it simply doesnt do a sound anymore )

i have touched it more gently so now it's working again...

strange huh
    10-23-09 07:51 AM
    If all else fails just get a new midplate from cnn.cn they are like 15 bucks. I had the same problem with mine, but all these little solutions i found on the internet to solve it never worked for me. I had to push my bold extremely hard together to hear anything at all. taking the battery door off and doing those other things just didnt seem to work
    10-23-09 10:08 AM
    I was at a loss...same problem here. I can't believe that worked Kubatko!!
    01-13-10 08:04 PM
    Thanks, kubakto... It worked for me !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 12:10 PM
    Whether it was coincidence or not, I tried everything when I lost all sound, gave up, went to Verizon, the "experts" tried everything, gave up, ordered me a new Bold. Today, I worked the phone to death, drained till the battery was almost completely empty (red and no bars), plugged it into charger and BAM, no there's sound again.

Do I keep this one? Or keep the new one coming?
    09-29-10 11:52 PM
    dude.. Bold 9000 has a problem witht he speaker.. do as kubakto had done .. it worked for me..
    or upgrade to 9700 !
    09-29-10 11:56 PM
    I tore my 9000 apart today... the back black panel (speakers and LED flash) is only connected to the mainboard by a spring loaded contact... i suspect that if you opened the case, and opened the contacts at the top of the back cover, that would be the same effect as the "prying the door open" or the previous, business card above the battery trick.
    09-30-10 01:50 AM
    I have a Bold 9700 and found this thread with a search.

Well the fix worked! Thank You! I had no sound. I couldn't hear the alarm, the phone ringing, texting notification, nothing!

Last night I wiped of the camera lens like others so that's what must've done it!
    06-01-11 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was having the same problem and just now tried your method and it worked like a charm. I took the back off and tested the ringtone while pressing the battery and all the sounds came back. I retested the ringtone, pressed the battery and very gently put the back back on and have had no probelms since.
    09-07-11 08:09 PM
    I had the same problem and i got it fixed i all was to remove the battery cover and right above the camera led there's a little slot just get a pin and slightly push it back for some reason it works.
    freedomx20a likes this.
    09-08-11 08:52 AM
    This saved me from having to buy a new phone as the ringer now works.

Thanks,

Charley

so this was really weird, this article helped me a lot, now it all works

"WELL I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BB BOLD.. ALL IN SOFTWARE WAS GOOD.. LOUD.. VOLUME HIGH.. AND EVERYTHING. AND READING A LITTLE BIT FROM EVERYWHERE.. I GOT TO THE POINT THAT THIS IS A HARDWARE ISSUE.. SO THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT..

I WENT AHEAD AND GIVE PLAY ON A SONG.. AND TURN THE VOLUME UP.. ALL THE WAY.. AFTER TAHT I SLIGHTLY REMOVE THE BATTERY DOOR.. SO I STARTED TO HEAR A LITTLE SOUND.. AND I NOTICED THAT EVERYTIME I PUT THE BATTERY DOOR BACK.. IT STOPPED MAKING THE SOUND.. SO IF YOU SEE.. WHERE GOES THE LED FLASH.. ITS LIKE A FACEPLATE.. WITH A LOT OF DOTS ON IT ON THE SIDES.. ABOVE THE CAMERA.. SO I LIFT THAT FACE PLATE UP.. A LITTLE BIT HARD..AND IT STARTED TO MAKE SOUND A LITTLE BIT LOUDER.. SO I LIFTED IT UP A LITTLE BIT MORE.. AND VOILA.. PROBLEM FIXED..

I DONT KNOW.. IF IT WILL SOLVE IT FOR LONG TIME.. BUT HARDWARE SPEAKER WAS THE PROBLEM ON MINE.."

...so im asking

what the funk?
    09-26-11 09:31 AM
    Please my black berry bold 3 9650 can`t play sound,especially when i have incoming calls and messenger alerts, no sound.What will I do.Can someone help me
    08-27-13 04:51 AM
    Worked for me! Thanks!
    11-02-13 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD