Anyone else having trouble in the UK at the moment?

BIS says connected, and emails are flowing OK, but other apps that require data (for example SocialScope) are refusing to connect.

Have trawled the web for reports but cannot find any. I've tried all the usual bits and bobs - battery pull, service books, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Oddly, Viigo is working OK, but reports it is only using a WAP connection. The Facebook app (1.7) is also OK, but updating very slowly (so I think it is also using WAP).
    Last edited by plagus; 10-23-09 at 02:58 AM. Reason: more information.....
    10-23-09 02:55 AM
    resend service book and see how to goes
    10-23-09 03:59 AM
    Cheers for that. I tried the service books earlier this morning (about 6am) and it seemed to make no difference. Just re-sent them and all now OK.
    10-23-09 04:34 AM
    I had a weird issue last night when BB App World kept telling me to upgrade my data services. I resent my services books & it worked ok....after i downloaded a new app I had to reboot my BB then when i went into App World again i got the data services message again so had to resend services again. Seems to be working now, Socialscope, FB, Viigo all worked ok just App World.

Maybe a small glitch with O2 last night / this morning
    10-23-09 04:56 AM
    I've been having the same problems. UberTwitter and AppWorld are refusing to connect and Viigo's fallen back to WAP. Sounds like I should try the Service Books thing as well.
    10-23-09 06:20 AM
    @reilly2040

I would recommend giving it a try - since I resent them all has been fine.
    10-23-09 07:47 AM
    Maybe a small glitch with O2 last night / this morning
    Not just O2 - a good friend of mine on Vodafone had the same problem, again resending the Service Books did the trick.
    Last edited by plagus; 10-23-09 at 07:54 AM.
    10-23-09 07:48 AM
    @reilly2040

I would recommend giving it a try - since I resent them all has been fine.
    Sadly it doesn't seem to have worked for me. I've tried resending them twice, and no joy

Hopefully whatever's glitching will be fixed soon.
    10-23-09 07:59 AM
    Hmmm.... funnily enough my Vodafone pal (mentioned earlier) is now having trouble again, exactly the same problem, so something is not right somewhere....
    10-23-09 08:16 AM
    Mine's now sprung back to life. Maybe the service book resend just took a wee while to kick in?
    10-23-09 08:40 AM
    Possibly... Lord knows what is going on at the moment. I am still fine but he's still having trouble. We've just tried to resend the services books again, not that this should make any odds after having done it so recently.

I'll feedback how it goes.
    10-23-09 09:54 AM
    I notice that all of you that have posted are O2 customers, but I'm having similar issues on Orange (UK).
    BlackBerry App World wont even start, it gives a message that I need browsing.
    On the service status screen BIS is shown as not connected, however if I have an active WiFi connection to the internet then BIS and BES (I don't use BES) both show as connected by WiFi (and the WiFi logo goes bright white).
    I've had the service books re-sent repeatedly, tried battery pulls and a software reload after talking to the mobile data team at orange who told me everything seems like it should be set right and they don't know why it isnt working.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    10-27-09 07:46 PM
    I was having similar issues on o2 until midday Tuesday, when suddenly everything seemed to spring back to life.

Very strange, and admittedly not much help, but there we go.
    10-29-09 02:43 PM
    Im having the same problems as the rest of you. ANYthing internet/BIS related is kaput. The odd email but that it. Even resending the service books is not getting through. Its weird as I have full 3G plus the BB symbol. This has benn like this for getting on for a fortnight. Im on T Mobile UK.
    11-06-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD