Hey, guys
    I finally decided to give 5.0 a try and download. But how is this done? I cant find the link anywhere on CB?
    10-22-09 07:45 PM
    They posted a bunch of mirror links in the beta 5.0.0.230 thread in the beta OS section.
    10-22-09 07:48 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:51 PM
    I recommend the 5.0.0.230/5.0.0.237 hybrid instead, but the install process is a bit more complicated...
    10-22-09 08:08 PM
    I installed it (5.0.0.230) yesterday on my Tour, and I love it so far. The only problem I have is that I can no longer access my hotmail acct. I go to MSN through the browser or hotmail.com and it will not load to do a WAP 2.0 error, this is a known issue.

Tried to use Opera Mini browser instead of BB and I CAN get into hotmail that way, but the msn page layout is all screwed up.

If you DO use hotmail, you can simulate IE or Firefox browser (instead of default BB browser) via your BB browser preferences and it will work. I just prefer BB browser because websites automatically layout pages in mobile view. Your choice?

Other than that, it is very cool and seems more efficient.

My trackball was fine the 1st few months and I hoped this would help it out, seems to be a little better but not like it was when I 1st got my Tour.

I strongly recommend it, do some homework on how to upgrade it though. Search the forums because there are some helpful hints on how to upgrade to it. I would post the link, but I didn't save the page.

Upgrade took me about 30-40 mins, so be patient!

Good luck!
    10-24-09 09:46 AM
    This site has instructions for 8330 but should be close for any BB.

The threaded SMS is nice and overall look and feel is nice, you can scroll photos with TB which is nice. I thought you could view MMS on phone but with Sprint you still have to go to web site.

Runs slow browsing but it is html, takes some getting use too.
    11-02-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD