The coding is as follows:
    Blue=Positive
    Red=Negative
    Orange=Inbetween
    Italicized=Neutral

WARNING: I DON'T USE THEMES, PANDORA, OR SLACKER, SO YOU WONT SEE ANY OF THAT RELEVANCE IN THIS OVERVIEW

BLUE

Boot up seemed to be quicker.

Icons are noticeably refined.

Flick scrolling is better in Browser.

Browser now allows you to play animated GIFs within the browser.

Home is less sickening to look at (mostly due to spruced up icons).

Scrolling through photos is quick as heck!

Accelerometer is responsive. Switching this from landscape to portrait isn’t always the best way to test accelerometer speeds. Download a game called flight path Flight Path - Games Blackberry Software

In which you can really test the accelerometer speeds.

Colors look more finalized.

Locking the phone and Unlocking the phone is the quickest and smoothest I have seen yet.

Everything seems to Pop out now, making things easier to read and find.

Chat bug in BBM fixed where flick scrolling causes chat menu to scroll all the way up and you have to scroll all the way down to see the most recent dialogue.

No keyboard lag!

All keys are a lot more responsive.

To avoid sending text in threaded SMS to the wrong person, as you type text a black bar above keyboard says Callback Number: and then number you are texting.

No lag while hitting enter button to send a message.

The new .323 requires you to use the a newer version of Google maps http://bordapapa.extra.hu/maps.jad
    Which utilizes flick scrolling and updated features.

Also it seems that when you press select to select text, you have to do a Surepress click to activate the copy tool, which is great!

RED

Falls into Black Screen still but not very often to be a problem It snaps back out of it after you click screen.

Memory still has not really improved, also a lot of things aren’t compatible with this leaked OS.

Valaces tabbed browsing still missing. (what are they doing with it)

Seems photo display quality has gone bad. Not sure what is triggering this, maybe some type of OS graphics alteration.

When you are scrolling through emails or text messages, the Date overhead still bumps the other one at the top as you scroll.

INBETWEEN

Transitions, while for the most part are great, every now and then you get the sloppy quick 230 transition. Those are obviously not done, but very close.

Color banding isn’t a glaring flaw, but still present.

Seems like sound is becoming more refined.

Flick scrolling sensitivity has improved a tad bit, but still needs to become more sensitive. Or an option to adjust the sensitivity should be incorporated.

When you receive a text or voice mail it seems that the icon is orange now. Not sure how consistent that is though.

NEUTRAL

Phone menu number keys have a different gradient, its like a dotted scheme.

The alarm setter is slightly evolving. Seems this feature is new, the number lights up when the Rolodex stop on it.

Overall the performance on this OS seems to have taken a complete turn into a new direction of pure functionality as well as ease of use, with bare minimal risks enabled for being a leak.
    Honestly, the small changes that people claim “aren’t enough”, seem to collaborate together making one of the most complete builds I have used on my phone, and the fastest for sure.

I will keep you up to date with more of my findings.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 10-22-09 at 10:45 PM.
    10-22-09 06:50 PM
    Word up home slice!
    10-22-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks for review and google maps..
    10-22-09 09:05 PM
    RED

Falls into Black Screen still but not very often to be a problem It snaps back out of it after you click screen.
    What do you mean by this?

RED

Memory still has not really improved,,,
    I've noticed it uses a little more memory, but I haven't experienced any leaks so far. The last 2 days it's been floating around 35 and 38 for me.

INBETWEEN

Transitions, while for the most part are great, every now and then you get the sloppy quick 230 transition. Those are obviously not done, but very close.
    I haven't seen this happen, yet.
    10-22-09 09:26 PM
    Real nice review. I've still yet to do the upgrade even after I DLed the OS last night/early morning.

I believe/hope my findings are just like yours or close to yours.

Thanks Card.
    10-22-09 09:28 PM
    Hows the video camera? Is sound playback fixed?
    10-22-09 09:32 PM
    Sound playback is fixed. Video camera seems fine to me.
    10-23-09 08:50 AM
    Nice summary of the bogged down finding and fixes thread. I agree with all of your findings. Only caveat is that even though a little more memory is used, I have never gotten to the point yet where it has affected the functionality of the bb. I have been monitoring with the MB Log daily and have yet to get below 20 with about 25 3rd pty apps installed.

Black screen is a little annoying as you said, but happens infrequently enough where it's no big deal. Another way to get out of it at least for me is to hit the green phone button.

I saw you didn't mention the custom theme issue with the white bars on the sides in landscape mode. There is an easy fix posted in the OS forum. I would classify this in the in-between category. Some people may throw into the negative category depending on how often you change your theme.

Also the homescreen icon updating issue has been slightly fixed. Upon any reboot/batt pull in order to make them update you have to move them to a new position and then move them back to where you want them. I would throw this in the negative category as it's pretty annoying.

I agree that this OS has taken the phone in a totally new direction and shows the potential of the device.
    10-23-09 09:07 AM
    I realized that I only have the Callback Number show up on some of my contacts while typing an SMS to them. I find it annoying so is there anyway to hide it???
    10-23-09 10:50 AM
    If you have a bluetooth headset, the sound is very distorted. If you are in Califoria, this will effect your call quality in a huge way.
    10-23-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD