Ouch, after trading in my Storm (ugh) for a new Tour (much happier), the Tour lasted all of 2 weeks before it just stopped working. I fear I've lost everything.

It will not turn on anymore. I've tried the ole battery removal trick 5 times... nada. If I plug it into the charger, a "charging screen" appears (not the clock, just a background with a thunderbolt). But the phone will not turn on, ever!

Uh oh.... Maybe I screwed it up

Any ideas?
    10-22-09 05:48 PM
    sounds like a lemon
    10-22-09 05:52 PM
    I dont think it's lemon, maybe you installed an app that caused this or something that YOU did. You can always wipe your phone clean and reinstall OS.
    10-22-09 05:55 PM
    I dont think it's lemon, maybe you installed an app that caused this or something that YOU did. You can always wipe your phone clean and reinstall OS.
    yea or that...I was just going off of what details they gave
    10-22-09 05:57 PM
    Ouch, after trading in my Storm (ugh) for a new Tour (much happier), the Tour lasted all of 2 weeks before it just stopped working. I fear I've lost everything.

It will not turn on anymore. I've tried the ole battery removal trick 5 times... nada. If I plug it into the charger, a "charging screen" appears (not the clock, just a background with a thunderbolt). But the phone will not turn on, ever!

Uh oh.... Maybe I screwed it up

Any ideas?
    Alas, I think it's time to go into a VZW store and exchange for a new / refurbished one.
    10-22-09 06:14 PM
    Does your PC recognize it?

Download BBSAK and wipe it. Then reload the OS.
    10-22-09 06:36 PM
    The title of this thread had me honestly laughing out loud for some reason. I say take it back to Verizon and get a new device. Be careful what you download, you need to read up in the forums here on how to use Desktop Manager, on how to backup the info on your device in case something happens to the device itself, you still have everything. This is a must if you own a BlackBerry....
    10-22-09 06:49 PM
    You might live in the "Blackberry Triangle".

An area that sudden fatal errors, app deaths and battery explosions occur without reason! lol.

Yes, the Blackberry Triangle has been known to even make Blackberry's disappear without a trace.

Beware the Blackberry Triangle!
    10-22-09 06:53 PM
    time to take it in for a new one
    10-22-09 09:23 PM
    I actually haven't downloaded anything yet actually! I've only had it a couple of weeks and I was traveling on business the whole time. I barely got the email set up. Its bone stock.

I guess since none of the regulars here have any instincts as to what might have happened, I'll just go back to vzw and get a replacement.

I do love the phone though, way more than that Storm.
    10-22-09 09:50 PM
    It's the battery. It is discharged so turn off the power and leave it on the charger overnight. If it continues have the store give you a new battery.
    10-22-09 10:39 PM
    yeah sounds like the battery may be bad..
    10-23-09 01:27 AM
    I've seen many incident like this and it's usually tell tale sign of physical or liquid damage.
    10-23-09 03:01 AM
    sounds like a bad battery
    10-23-09 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD