so, i finally wanna take the plunge and venture out from the official OS releases.

i downloaded the .323 OS from one of the megaupload links today. i went into my downloads folder, ran the installation, and upon completion it prompted me to start BBDM. so i did. i clicked "check for updates" and it didnt didnt find the newer software. i closed BBDM and re-opened it, went to app loader, upgrade software, and still it only shows the 4.7 (.148, .75, & .65)... i restarted my computer thinking it might help. nope. nothing. ran the .323 installation again (for repair purposes), and nothing. removed .323 from the computer, and began a fresh installation. nothing.

is there anything im missing here? i downloaded the software, ran desktop mgr, and for some reason it is not recognizing the 5.0 software so i can install.

please, help.
    10-22-09 04:43 PM
    so, i finally wanna take the plunge and venture out from the official OS releases.

i downloaded the .323 OS from one of the megaupload links today. i went into my downloads folder, ran the installation, and upon completion it prompted me to start BBDM. so i did. i clicked "check for updates" and it didnt didnt find the newer software. i closed BBDM and re-opened it, went to app loader, upgrade software, and still it only shows the 4.7 (.148, .75, & .65)... i restarted my computer thinking it might help. nope. nothing. ran the .323 installation again (for repair purposes), and nothing. removed .323 from the computer, and began a fresh installation. nothing.

is there anything im missing here? i downloaded the software, ran desktop mgr, and for some reason it is not recognizing the 5.0 software so i can install.

please, help.
    Saw a thread with some detailed information on what to do about all this but I can't find it now.

I would start by uninstalling all OS's or at least make sure that .323 is the only OS on your system, then I would download a copy of BBSAK and have that load the OS for you.
    10-22-09 04:49 PM
    Yes, you missed several steps. You need to go to the Leaked OS 5.0.0.323 for Storm 9530 thread. There are several posts with step by step instructions there.

Good luck and it's worth the time to do it right....
    10-22-09 04:50 PM
    thanks. i will follow the instructions and have 5.0 up in no time!
    10-22-09 05:11 PM
    yeah, so... no go.

i...

- deleted all BB Storm OS on my computer.
    - restarted computer
    - d/l .323 from diff. mirror link in .323 thread
    - installed OS .323 on computer (not too sure if there is supposed to be an app/icon/file on my computer, other than the initial install/setup file, after i go through installing OS onto computer...)
    - ran BB Desktop Mgr
    - same. exact. thing. BBDM is finding the .148, .75, & .65 OS but nothing else.

someone pleeeeaaaase give me ideas. my brain doesn't seem to be working today.
    10-22-09 05:59 PM
    You left out one very crucial step. You didnt mention the part about going to the proper thread and following step by step instructions. Go to " how to install a leaked operating system thread" It will explain step by step how to install. They were not telling you to go to that thread to download the os. They were telling you to go to that thread to read the step by step instructions on how to install it
    Last edited by debbugger; 10-22-09 at 07:56 PM.
    10-22-09 07:53 PM
    use bbsak instead of bb manager thats your problem
    10-22-09 07:58 PM
    i used http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ting-system-os this thread to upgrade it, which is the one on the storm .323 post (homepage). wrong one...? i'll do a quick search on installing leaked software, specifically.

and i think i've heard of bbsak... swiss army knife, right? doe sit cost? eh, i'll search it right now if it works better.

thanks, all.
    10-22-09 08:28 PM
    if you loaded it properly (clicked save then open and then followed steps) then just do it thru app loader c/prog files/common/rim/dbl click app loader its something like that itll do a back upp first then a load works for me everytime and im usually in the wrong frame of mind when an os leaks lol
    10-22-09 08:33 PM
    BBSAK is free. I found it through BlackberryOS.com. Backup with DM...wipe with BBSAK. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion. Delete the Vendor.xml file. Then run Loader.exe

make sure you delete all other os's from your computer through control panel and have only the os you want installed.
    Last edited by maddog241; 10-22-09 at 08:37 PM. Reason: more info
    10-22-09 08:36 PM
    so i searched and found a thread for loading leaked/beta OS. a user in there posted the same exact issue i was having (desktop mgr not loading the new OS). i was able to delete the vendor file, run loader.exe and install that way. worked.

but...

separate from the install, i have a screen issue now. when on the homescreen in landscape, the left and right sides of the screen get glitchy. like... freezing up, turning white... even though the middle portion of the screen is working. thoughts?

i will search around the forums to find info.

thanks for the assistance, everyone.
    10-22-09 11:16 PM
    Glad you got it going. Are you using a custom theme? If so, this is a known theme issue (lots of threads about it in the themes forums).
    10-22-09 11:18 PM
    Glad you got it going. Are you using a custom theme? If so, this is a known theme issue (lots of threads about it in the themes forums).
    custom theme it is. now, if i could only find bbm 5.0 on this darn phone...
    10-22-09 11:32 PM
    all you have to do is install using loader.exe and make sure you launch loader.exe by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator. There ya go.
    10-23-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD