Hello everyone,

I am the developer of YWeather. The initial releases provided some very basic functionality such as current conditions and only 2 days forecast (today and tomorrow). However, there have been several requests to support multiple locations as well as home screen icon updates, automatic updates every X minutes, and a hot key to update. In addition to these updates, I am looking into using the Google weather feed which provides 4 days forecast.

Some feedback I am interested in is the layout of the weather data, specifically when dealing with multiple locations. I did not have the chance to use BBWeather so I am not sure how they handled multiple locations. I could do something similar to the way the iPhone/touch handle multiple location with multiple screens you can scroll to. Also I am open to taking suggestions for the update hot key. Space bar?

Any other feedback/suggestions/requests are greatly appreciated. Hopefully this can application can become very useful to everyone.

Thanks!

Jason Emerick
    05-08-08 05:50 PM
    a link to yweather would be good
    05-08-08 06:24 PM
    a link to yweather would be good
    Unfortunately being a new member with less than 10 posts, I cannot post a link. However if you Google for the following you will find a link to it.

Code:
    yweather site:bbrtm.org
    05-08-08 06:26 PM
    i tried it and the lack of some of the features that weather eye has made me delete it
    05-08-08 06:31 PM
    i tried it and the lack of some of the features that weather eye has made me delete it
    He is asking for feedback, personally I love it although I do not use multiple cities, will get back with you on that.
    05-08-08 06:33 PM
    Yweather has the similar layout of BBweather that I like. I think the feedback you mentioned covers much of what I liked about BBweather. I don't travel as much as I used to so multiple locations is not as important to me as a forecast of more than 2 days (4-5 days would be nice), abilityto update and a home screen icon.

I think you have the basic layout right though, simple and clean. Don't try to do too much as far as visual effect.
    05-08-08 08:17 PM
    Hey Jason -- nice job on the YWeather. It was the first app I downloaded after Opera Mini on my new Curve. I think my feedback is pretty similar to what I saw on your blog already. After reading some of the comments here, I downloaded Weather Eye to compare and do have to say they got most of the features right although their selection of cities in the US is sparse and everything is in metric except the temp.
    1) Icon and title reflect current conditions
    2) Longer term forecast available on separate screen (don't change the screen when the app first loads or give an option to choice what screen to see on loading). Having a shortcut key such as L for long range forecast would be nice
    3) Ideally, have a local radar also as a separate screen and shortcut key (R?)
    4) Maybe some added features like probability of precipitation, sunrise/sunset,. It depends what's available from the APIs you're using. I do like the clean look of the current screen, so I wouldn't add too much.

That's my 2 cents for whatever it is worth. Looking forward to the next version!

Rgds/Mark M.
    05-31-08 04:59 PM
    I will check this out.
    05-31-08 08:22 PM
    How about an option to update BB background image not only as the current forecast but a selection to choose a couple different types of radar images instead. I don't know if this is even possible but thought it would be awsome and thx for the nice app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 04:49 PM
    DO NOT INSTALL IT ON A BLACKBERRY BOLD !!!!

SHAME ON YOU MR DEVELOPER!
    By looking at the reviews, I thought I'd give it a try. I installed it, then the first thing I found out was that I couldn't set it to tell me the weather forecast of LONDON. Just could not find the city.
    Then I wanted to remove it.
    I removed it, restarted the phone only to find out a bunch of pop-ups with some numbers on it, and my phone completely RESET!
    Now I have to put all the settings on my phone 1 by 1 from scratch.

Next time you want to make something, make sure the UN-Installation process is good! Because, it may put off people from installing it ever again.
    Why?
    Because, later in the future, if your applications becomes the best application in the world, and wins awards and is even more accurate than GOD, I won't install it!

Thank you
    10-13-08 04:00 PM
    I love this app. My only feedback would be to tweak the icons. I have a theme that does not have a white background and you can see white around the image on the homescreen.
    11-12-08 11:11 AM
    More city should be supported!!!

(Accuweather's database is nice)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD