I have two 9530 Storms. One is my personal phone, the other my work phone. I just noticed my work phone's screen is much brighter. 100% brightness on my personal phone equals about 40% on my work phone. My work phone's screen is also much whiter and my personal phone is has a bit of a blueish hue.

The only difference between these phones is my work phone is running .148 and my personal phone is running .230. I'm wondering if the brightness has been tweaked in the newer OS to fool us into thinking they did something magical to increase battery life? I don't really want to downgrade just to find out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:07 PM
    Is one newer than the other? Some say the screens changed or something like that.
    10-22-09 01:15 PM
    Someone was saying there is a difference in filtering in the glass where it is noticeable with polarized sunglasses.

10-22-09 02:18 PM
    Yeah I got my personal Storm in May 2009 and my work Storm in August 2009.

10-22-09 02:30 PM
    I have two also, one on .323 and the other on .148, the one running on .148 OS is much brighter! anyone know why?
    10-22-09 03:54 PM
    Its hardware differences. My storm was bought with my wives at the same time, same OS and it was exactly how you put it. Mine at 40 percent is brighter than hers at 100 percent and hers has almost a pink tint compared to mine which has continured through various OS installs. But on the contrast her screen clicks perfectly and mine needed much modification.

10-22-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD