Not sure if this was already discovered. But workaround for landscape mode on ALL custom themes.

1. Change Wallpaper to something other than original wallpaper that came with custom theme.

2. App Screen > BB button

3. Options > Change layout to today > exit > save

4. BB button > Options > Change layout back to 2 row > exit > Save

5. rotate to landscape mode and viola it works.

If you like your custom theme wallpaper just ask the theme developer to upload the wallpaper for that theme and use the same steps above.

*Obviously change the wallpaper to the wallpaper provided to you by developer.
    Last edited by dukins; 10-22-09 at 09:39 AM.
    10-22-09 08:08 AM
    Yep, this worked for me. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 08:15 AM
    It worked. Thanks!! Being in my 60's I just wonder how you you guys figure these things out. Amazing! Again thanks.
    10-22-09 08:46 AM
    Very nice find!
    10-22-09 09:02 AM
    This is actually a workaround not a fix. I think you'll find your problem comes back every time the phone resets. It's better than nothing but you'll have to do it after every batter pull or soft reset. If you can get any app to actually reset your phone that is

The stock Precision Zen theme is the only one where this doesn't seem to happen and this won't work for all themes.
    Last edited by peterpandemonium; 10-22-09 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Additional info added
    10-22-09 09:10 AM
    Ok this is typical of BB OS. Any thought on
    The panning bug in Gmaps?
    10-22-09 09:19 AM
    Yeah I found this out last night and posted in a few threads...seems this is why there was so much conflicting info on whether or not the fixed work..you need to change the wallpaper.

I sometimes still get a glitch when going back to portrait with this fix....white bar at top and bottom.

Seems like a pretty simple and easy workaround....once a battery pull it takes about 5 seconds to change the layout, save, change it back, save.

Google maps works fine except when you get it OTA from google. There are links where you can OTA the correct touchscreen version, check 3rd party apps...I am downloading the newest version right now....
    10-22-09 09:23 AM
    I only put fix because workaround is such a long word I didnt want the thread title to be very long. Anyways it works, glad people are enjoying their custom themes.
    10-22-09 09:39 AM
    Fixed it! Awesome..thanks so much.
    10-22-09 09:46 AM
    i've tried it with 3 themes now and you don't need that many steps. Just change to 1 row and back to 2 rows. You will have to do it again after a battery pull. Also this will update your beryweather icon.

10-22-09 09:47 AM
    It worked. Thanks!! Being in my 60's I just wonder how you you guys figure these things out. Amazing! Again thanks.
    We have digital brains old man.
    10-22-09 09:47 AM
    i've tried it with 3 themes now and you don't need that many steps. Just change to 1 row and back to 2 rows. You will have to do it again after a battery pull. Also this will update your beryweather icon.

wont work for all.....some require the wallpaper switch too
    10-22-09 09:54 AM
    Anyone figured out if there is a Plazmic fix, like default icon font on .151.?
    10-22-09 10:00 AM

Yeah this doesnt work for everyone. I MUST change my wallpaper. Just changing w/o wallpaper change doesnt work.
    10-22-09 10:22 AM
    Yeah this doesnt work for everyone. I MUST change my wallpaper. Just changing w/o wallpaper change doesnt work.
    I had to change it to 3, then back out all the way to the home screen, then back in and change it to 2.
    10-22-09 10:26 AM
    I've been doing the option, today, options, 2 rows to fix the white bars in landscape, and the last time I did, I got rid of the white bars in landscape but got white bars on homescreen. I finally got rid of them when I redid my wallpaper.
    10-22-09 10:35 AM
    It seems that it will change it to the current weather icon, but after that it stays static (ie, if it was sunny when you did the "fix" it will stay sunny even if it starts to rain). Same thing happens with WeatherBug.
    10-22-09 10:35 AM
    I sometimes still get a glitch when going back to portrait with this fix....white bar at top and bottom.
    I have noticed that if I try landscape immidiatly after the "fix", prior to backing all the way out to the main screen, portrait gets screwed up. If after I apply the "fix" and back all the way out to the main screen (and wait for the hourglass clock to go away) it works.
    10-22-09 10:41 AM
    I'm working through Theme Builder to see if i can find a fix
    10-22-09 10:45 AM
    You never know could be a plazmic bug not an OS issue, we are still using 4.7 plazmic.

*EDIT: 5.0 has things like selectable icons in the app menus and icons that deselect after you focus them, you can't control that yet in Theme builder.
    Last edited by socalmiles; 10-22-09 at 10:53 AM.
    10-22-09 10:51 AM
    You never know could be a plazmic bug not an OS issue, we are still using 4.7 plazmic.

*EDIT: 5.0 has things like selectable icons in the app menus and icons that deselect after you focus them, you can't control that yet in Theme builder.
    It is a plazmic issue, we're waiting for it to be updated so that themes can be updated to work on 5.0
    10-22-09 10:54 AM
    Doesn't seem to be anything you could do in Plazmic... hopefully its not an .SFI issue and the hybrid builders can resolve it but have a feeling it is. D**ned leaked OS and their one faulty issue on each!!
    10-22-09 10:55 AM
    It is a plazmic issue, we're waiting for it to be updated so that themes can be updated to work on 5.0
    Then that makes sense
    10-22-09 10:57 AM
    Well done man......I enjoy the os much more now
    10-22-09 11:03 AM
    This gets very annoying. I actually grew to like the stock theme since I don't have to go through the trouble of this annoying work-around.

10-22-09 11:44 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD