So, I installed .323 late last night (coming from .230) and my data is acting odd. It was a clean install.. wipe and all. (I've done battery pulls like crazy, etc)

the problems I've been having include:

-Network timeout when I try to download google maps (or other large apps)
    -When i put in an address or use a bookmark in the browser, it works 20% of the time. (any other time, the little "data arrows" don't even bother showing up.)

Yes, I have 1XEV FULL BARS.

Can anyone else confirm this or give me a solution. I would consider a wipe, but I've never heard of the radio file being corrupted before.
    Could this be an issue with this specific build or is there something broken with the .sfi here?

Or could it be the network not recognizing this file or signal..... hmmm
    Last edited by Taterfry; 10-22-09 at 04:01 AM.
    10-22-09 02:17 AM
    Confirmed. I'm getting the same damned problem too. Aside from this shizzz going on, it's a great OS...Haven't figured out any way to fix it...
    10-22-09 03:18 AM
    i almost wanna keep the os. If I have to, I'll make a hybrid using this builds java and .230's sfi
    10-22-09 03:27 AM
    My viigo won't connect for some reason
    10-22-09 04:24 AM
    My viigo won't connect for some reason
    my weatherbug isn't updating as well
    10-22-09 04:32 AM
    my weatherbug isn't updating as well
    My weather bug works great
    10-22-09 05:55 AM
    Taterfry,

Same here.

I had troubles downloading VZNav. Took 3 attempts until it came down.

Viigo wasn't working. Gave me an error about connection closed. But it appears to be working now...
    10-22-09 06:30 AM
    I've yet to have any issues. Google Maps is working fine, I even got Weatherbug to update as part of my home icons and my browser has given me no issues whatsoever. I'm wondering of there is a corrupt version of the OS going around?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

*Edit: Weatherbug Icon stopped updating on home page, but still updates on menu screen, so...
    Last edited by emt5903; 10-22-09 at 09:08 AM.
    10-22-09 06:41 AM
    Running on tmobile edge and no problems at all. In fact with this OS I've experienced 0 problems. Running weathereye and icon seems to be working fine. Been running OS for 12 hrs.

10-22-09 06:46 AM
    Running on tmobile edge and no problems at all. In fact with this OS I've experienced 0 problems. Running weathereye and icon seems to be working fine. Been running OS for 12 hrs.

Maybe this leak was specifically for us GSM users I am on AT&T and I haven't had anything but positive things so far. ESPECIALLY holding a solid EDGE..
    10-22-09 09:05 AM
    Maybe this leak was specifically for us GSM users I am on AT&T and I haven't had anything but positive things so far. ESPECIALLY holding a solid EDGE..
    You may be right lol. Been so solid is understatement. But of course still first day.

10-22-09 09:08 AM
    I've yet to have any issues. Google Maps is working fine, I even got Weatherbug to update as part of my home icons and my browser has given me no issues whatsoever. I'm wondering of there is a corrupt version of the OS going around?

*Edit: Weatherbug Icon stopped updating on home page, but still updates on menu screen, so...
    My GF and I are also having this issue when coming from .230 to .323. Hopefully we can figure this one out because this OS has made me happy otherwise.

10-22-09 09:50 AM

Hahahaha. Yes, they made an OS for a company that the phone wasn't made for .

They just said forget Verizon, who the phone is made for and let's concentrate on AT&T.

BTW, I'm running Verizon and everything is PERFECT!
    10-22-09 09:56 AM
    Did you all do the *228 and press 2 since loading the new OS? Or dial *22899. Maybe that will help?
    10-22-09 10:04 AM
    I was having this issue and went back to .230, sucks cause as far as I could tell .323 fixed my biggest issues with .230. But broke something else...data. I would sit for 40-60 seconds before the arrows showed up then another minute or two for the page to load. The most annoying part is that the problem was intermittent, so I was able to install OTA apps just had to try 5 times. But sitting there waiting for a page to load is the LONGEST minute of your life, I had to go back. I'd love to hear of a fix though.
    Quick question did you guys wipe the handheld before installing .323 or straight install over old OS. I wiped with BBSAK (first time doing so) So I was wondering if maybe wiping it first caused it because not everyone is having this issue.
    10-22-09 10:08 AM
    Agreed, my signal was solid on .230 and I'm noticing on .323 that even though it says I have full strength and bars it takes forever to load anything or download anything. I get time out errors where it will just hang up during the download process and no arrows are visible. I tried *228 2 times now and the first time it just said "unsuccessfull update" or something then the next time it said "your phone can not be programmed at this time please try back again at a later time". Third time it worked though. Weak sauce. I think there is something wrong with the radio.
    10-22-09 10:11 AM
    Hmmm, On Big Red and everything is working GREAT!
    10-22-09 10:11 AM
    Yeah I have no problems what so ever. Even QuickPull is working.
    10-22-09 10:17 AM
    Agreed, my signal was solid on .230 and I'm noticing on .323 that even though it says I have full strength and bars it takes forever to load anything or download anything. I get time out errors where it will just hang up during the download process and no arrows are visible. I tried *228 2 times now and the first time it just said "unsuccessfull update" or something then the next time it said "your phone can not be programmed at this time please try back again at a later time". Third time it worked though. Weak sauce. I think there is something wrong with the radio.
    I agree, tried *228 option 1 & 2, deleted and re-sent service books twice, and pulled battery seems like 100 times. The only thing that fixed it was going back to .230. There is another thread here by civic talking about different branding versions on everyones os. I wonder if that has something to do with it? Dont know why a branding version would cause a radio file issue but hey Im not a programmer. Disappointed in this issue because I loved the rest of the OS
    10-22-09 10:19 AM
    quick thought, what OS did you upgrade from?
    10-22-09 10:21 AM
    Huh..seems to be working fine here..downloaded a bunch of things on App World, and streamed Pandora for awhile..didn't disconnect once..
    10-22-09 10:22 AM
    I'm on .323 and came from .230.
    I haven't had any issues with Pandora, logging into appworld or appstore or the web browser. I only seem to be having data issues when trying to download something OTA. At first I thought there was a problem with what I was trying to download but when it kept happening to different downloads I was making I figured it was OS related since it started happening right after upgrading to .323
    10-22-09 10:27 AM
    I'm on .323 and came from .230.
    I haven't had any issues with Pandora, logging into appworld or appstore or the web browser. I only seem to be having data issues when trying to download something OTA. At first I thought there was a problem with what I was trying to download but when it kept happening to different downloads I was making I figured it was OS related since it started happening right after upgrading to .323
    right same thing app world worked fine for me. But I experieced the same thing with OTA downloads. Loading web pages and BBM messages had the most issues. It would take about 10 minutes for my BBM messages to go from my phone to my wifes. I would send the message and it would sit there with the red clock for a minute or two, then clock would switch to check mark and take another 5 minutes to hit my wifes phone. Very annoying

Do you have a gmail account? I wonder if the enhanced gmail plug in is an issue. I tried the sync contacts for my gmail through the BIS site and I noticed the enhanced gmail plugin running on my running app box and also caused a BES activation icon to show up and say "connecting" and had my gmail address. (Im sure this has been addressed in the findings and fixes but I dont have time to sife through hundreds of posts.)
    Last edited by area52; 10-22-09 at 10:39 AM.
    10-22-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD