This was just reported. So it looks like there will be a wait till they figure out how to make it work.

http://blackberry.sys-con.com/node/1144989

So for those waiting for RIM to get it right might be a long wait unless they can make it backward compatible with our Bold 9000.
    Most lilely the reason RIM is not commenting.

I bet the folks at RIM are wrenching over this issue.
    10-22-09 12:13 AM
    This was just reported. So it looks like there will be a wait till they figure out how to make it work.

Patching Problems on BlackBerry Bold 9000? | BlackBerry Developer's Journal

So for those waiting for RIM to get it right might be a long wait unless they can make it backward compatible with our Bold 9000.
    Most lilely the reason RIM is not commenting.

I bet the folks at RIM are wrenching over this issue.
    not quite sure what this article, or you, are referring to, the newest official os is .303
    10-22-09 12:36 AM
    Bottom line is if they can't fix the problems with the current OS the sure won't have 5 out for it anytime soon.

What makes you think .303 is an official release. ATT hasn't put it out as an offical release.

In my mind it is still beta and nothing more than a leak.

Oh yea and what carrier considers .303 to be official? I don't see it being used by all the carriers.

So the point to the article is if they can't fix a small problem how is RIM going to put ver 5 out anytime soon?
    10-22-09 11:56 AM
    Are you for real?
    10-22-09 12:09 PM
    My BB have a continuous hourglass what should I do ?
    10-22-09 12:28 PM
    LOL at this thread.
    10-22-09 12:36 PM
    What makes you think .303 is an official release.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...nguage-332727/
    10-22-09 12:40 PM
    what a stupid article...
    wow
    10-22-09 12:43 PM
    yeah this boy clearly hasn't a clue what he's talking about, i picture him running around his grandmothers house, naked, rubbing honey all over himself, with a cardboard rectangle, buttons drawn on, pretending to be calling people on his blackberry.
    10-22-09 01:00 PM
    katiepea, can you tell me where to get the 5.0 OS?

PM it to me please
    10-22-09 01:09 PM
    My BB have a continuous hourglass what should I do ?
    Do you have too many apps running in the background? What is your free memory? Menu - options - status - file free.

What OS are you on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 01:48 PM
    yeah this boy clearly hasn't a clue what he's talking about, i picture him running around his grandmothers house, naked, rubbing honey all over himself, with a cardboard rectangle, buttons drawn on, pretending to be calling people on his blackberry.
    Some of us know what we're doing, but still enjoy a good Saturday afternoon. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    10-22-09 02:02 PM
    I'm not going to say a word.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 02:13 PM
    Bottom line is if they can't fix the problems with the current OS the sure won't have 5 out for it anytime soon.

What makes you think .303 is an official release. ATT hasn't put it out as an offical release.

In my mind it is still beta and nothing more than a leak.

Oh yea and what carrier considers .303 to be official? I don't see it being used by all the carriers.

So the point to the article is if they can't fix a small problem how is RIM going to put ver 5 out anytime soon?
    As stated, .303 is an official release for another carrier. AT&T consumers can choose to upgrade to it or not. I used it for about two days and went back to .238. Nothing major, but it is an upgrade. Other carriers upgrade to "official status" from betas or an unleaked OS all the time. But, it doesn't mean AT&T are going to use the same OS. Anyway, I would rather have it ready, than have them push 5.0 out to all of us just to read a lot of complaints about how it's not working or that it's crap.
    10-22-09 02:15 PM
    can anyone tell me why went i click on wireless update on my bold that it say unable to send request for available updates?
    10-22-09 02:46 PM
    Bulgaria! You got to be kidding. If that is official it would be here in the states and available to all. In my mind it is just another leak waiting for suckers to go scam it and beta test.

Until someone can prove to me that it is real and working the scam is on the suckers believing it is for real.

Telling everyone that Bulgaria is official is BS.

I want to see version 5. full fledged version and sitting waiting for me to load it with out hacking a version to load it on the phone.

HA! I say prove it to all of you know it all lister's with cynical comments and nothing to back it up.
    LOL
    10-22-09 05:16 PM
    it was already proven to you, you're clearly too unintelligent to read, so i'll break it down like this: RIM releases TONS of OS's for all devices, it's up to a carrier to make something official, it doesn't have much to do with RIM at ALL. .303 is officially available from blackberry.com as an official release for the bold. att officially released .297 several months ago, and most people that are using it report that it's the best OS they've used. nobody said theres an official 5.0 release yet because there ISN'T. 5.0 will be released on the bold 9700 and storm 2 which launch any day now. quite certain that all compatible devices, including the 9000 will follow. you have yet to make ONE valid point or argument. .303 is officially available for anyone to download off of blackberry's website RIGHT NOW, you really should stop leaving posts about stuff you clearly do not know about. READ you're probably the most annoying person i've seen post on these forums, congratulations.
    10-22-09 05:22 PM
    So because AT&T doesn't release the OS makes every other carrier's official OS releases BS? Although I haven't been with AT&T for that long, I've learned from this forum that they are close to, if not the last carrier to release new OSes. According to RIM, the newest 9000 OS is .303, which IMHO, runs a lot better than the official .297 from AT&T. And technically .303 is available to all of us in the states. ****, it's available to anyone in the world.
    10-22-09 05:26 PM
    Uh - it can't be official because it's not being offered by an American carrier? My god. Do people really think like this?

Thanks katiepea for the clarity - though honestly, this is not a complicated subject at all.
    10-22-09 05:26 PM
    Really? I was thinking more along the lines of Tracy Jordan talking into his shoe.
    10-22-09 05:27 PM
    Really? I was thinking more along the lines of Tracy Jordan talking into his shoe.
    hahahaha well that image fits quite nicely as well.
    10-22-09 05:28 PM
    it was already proven to you, you're clearly too unintelligent to read, so i'll break it down like this: RIM releases TONS of OS's for all devices, it's up to a carrier to make something official, it doesn't have much to do with RIM at ALL. .303 is officially available from blackberry.com as an official release for the bold. att officially released .297 several months ago, and most people that are using it report that it's the best OS they've used. nobody said theres an official 5.0 release yet because there ISN'T. 5.0 will be released on the bold 9700 and storm 2 which launch any day now. quite certain that all compatible devices, including the 9000 will follow. you have yet to make ONE valid point or argument. .303 is officially available for anyone to download off of blackberry's website RIGHT NOW, you really should stop leaving posts about stuff you clearly do not know about. READ you're probably the most annoying person i've seen post on these forums, congratulations.

So we are a we a little irritated by my posts?

Hey wonder crack head did I ever mention one time about any other release? Apparently you don't read that well either. As a matter of fact I run .297 and think it is pretty good. Not one time did I ever mention the Bold was no good or a lousy smartphone. As a matter of fact it has been the best device I have ever owned. I also mentioned it was up to the carrier to decide on what they want to release.

You see a thread is just a thread. Since I have read a ton of threads on this site I find a lot of them with a lot of mis-information. Especially from those that think they have all the answers and subjective comments used to back their arguments one way or another.

So your the winner! I accomplished what I wanted and to see how long it would take to push someone's button or should I say KEY!

So I have had my fun for now so everyone can chill out now. LOL
    10-22-09 06:59 PM

Hey wonder crack head did I ever mention one time about any other release? Apparently you don't read that well either. As a matter of fact I run .297 and think it is pretty good. Not one time did I ever mention the Bold was no good or a lousy smartphone. As a matter of fact it has been the best device I have ever owned. I also mentioned it was up to the carrier to decide on what they want to release.

You see a thread is just a thread. Since I have read a ton of threads on this site I find a lot of them with a lot of mis-information. Especially from those that think they have all the answers and subjective comments used to back their arguments one way or another.

So your the winner! I accomplished what I wanted and to see how long it would take to push someone's button or should I say KEY!

So your entire goal here was to just be a ********* for fun to see how much you could **** people off?
    10-22-09 07:01 PM

i think he said this just so he doesnt seem like an ***** after everything he said. he probably realized that he was talking straight outta his *** and decided to call it a joke.
    if this was really a joke though then your lame and need to find something better to do in life.
    10-22-09 08:16 PM
    what a stupid article...
    wow
    +1,000,000

That article is a waste of bandwidth.
    10-22-09 08:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD