I purchased a second hand Blackberry Bold 9000 just yesterday. Everything seems to work fine (...for now) except for the fact that I can't hear any ring tone when someone is calling me and I can't hear any sounds at all when I'm playing any type of media files.

When I'm talking to someone over the phone, I can hear them clearly. That being said, I wanted to know how many internal speakers does the Bold have? Are there two, the ear piece at the top and another one for ring tones and music? Or is there just one that does everything?

If there was just one, then this would most likely be a software related issue. I've reinstalled the OS a few time but I still have the same problem.

Can you guys please help me out
    10-21-09 07:35 PM
    go to cnn.cn and buy the middle housing for the phone its like $10 also get the T5 screwdriver.

unscrew the 6 screws , switch the middle housing and voila.
    10-21-09 08:28 PM
    i had the same problem i can talk to people on the phone but i couldnt hear them on the speaker phone, or hear my phone ring or hear my alarm.
    10-21-09 08:30 PM
    So the speaker is in the mid plate, i asked that question some time ago but no one was able to answer it. but that bold was stolen so they can take care of it haha
    You also can mess around with the two little pins on the back side of where the camera is, i supposedly heard that can fix it but it didnt for me.
    10-21-09 10:54 PM
    I had the same problem with the speaker with a brand new bold that I only had for less than a month. Luckily, mine was still under warranty. Sucked cause my replacement was a refurbished....however, the problem is solved. Obviously, it is a flaw with RIM. Another poster mentioned a way to replace the speaker....I wish I had that information at hand back when I had the problem....I would have replaced the speaker instead of getting a second hand phone.
    10-21-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD