So the new bold 9700 will have 256MB internal memory, old bold had 1Gb is that right? if so, why the downgrade ?
    10-21-09 12:00 PM
    Hahhaha, dude, you at the event, ask someone. LOL
    10-21-09 12:10 PM
    Hahhaha, dude, you at the event, ask someone. LOL
    I left already, and I have emailed two RIM technical contacts to ask, maybe someone here already knew... I will let you guys know what he says to my email about that....

The literature handed out by T-Mobile states it has 256MB flash for applications, OS) and 2GB Memory card included?
    10-21-09 12:12 PM
    Oh Sorry, I thought you were still there, Thanks for the info!
    10-21-09 12:14 PM
    The 1GB in the 9000 is essentially a built-in Media Card. It is not usable RAM, it's for media storage. The 9000 only has 128MB of usable OS/application RAM.

9700>9000
    10-21-09 12:25 PM
    The onboard 1gig was for media although all it takes is a change to the os to run apps off it (blame rim) so right now the only thing you can do is run the os and apps off the same 256 memory.

Alas the only thing it reinforces is that RIM isn't changing it's roots anytime soon unfortunately
    10-21-09 12:42 PM
    Wow some people are dumb when it comes to technology. Application ram != storage
    10-21-09 04:44 PM
    That comment was dumb.

Whatever it is used for....1 GB is more than 256 MB, so something is lost here...just wondering what?
    10-21-09 04:45 PM
    9700 has 2GB on-board memory
    10-21-09 04:57 PM
    That comment was dumb.

Whatever it is used for....1 GB is more than 256 MB, so something is lost here...just wondering what?
    Dude it has already been acknowledged that the 1gb the bold1 had was for onboard storage, not application ram. The fact that the bold had only 128mb of ram compared to the bold2's 256 means nothing is lost, ram is gained. Read up on the device before you post, thanks.
    10-21-09 05:05 PM
    9700 has 2GB on-board memory

where do you see that, everything I see, and everyone I asked that works at RIM told me it has 0 on-board memory.. only 256MB Application/OS Memory...
    10-21-09 05:35 PM
    Don't ask the janitors at RIM. It has 2GB
    10-21-09 05:39 PM
    If this is true, why hasn't this been stated in any announcements from rim and povders? Although this is not a HUGE selling point to enthusiasts like us, (we can buy external cards) the general public would be drooling over the sound of 2gb of "memory".
    10-21-09 05:47 PM
    According to RIM here, BlackBerry - 9700 Specifications - New BlackBerry Bold 9700 Specs, the phone does infact NOT have 2GB onboard. It has 256MB.

Available Features

* Trackpad navigation
    * Bright, hi-resolution screen
    * Full QWERTY keyboard
    * 3G technology
    * Wi-Fi� and Bluetooth� enabled
    * 256MB flash memory
    * 3.2 MP digital camera with
    video camera
    * Multimedia player
    * Wireless email
    * Organizer
    * Browser
    * Phone
    * SMS/MMS
    * MicroSD card reader

I will believe RIM before I believe any statements made here. Sorry.
    10-21-09 05:53 PM
    Think your wrong man, not stated anywhere, Crucial said it doesnt (mod here who is reputable with his info) all of my guys at the RIM launch event said they didnt for cost savings passed onto the users since people end up not using it and using the memory card instead (phone comes with a 2GB microsd card)

I think your the janitor :P
    10-21-09 05:55 PM
    You can also believe that I don't care if it does or not. I'm so tired of reading all these damn posts about the same crap. People don't search. Sucks to have to sift through all these to try and find new, real info. CX already said it only has 256MB yet there are numerous discussions on this very thing. He's the guy I believe. Funny stuff these forums

Enjoy the nonsense
    10-21-09 05:57 PM
    And if you have "guys"at RIM, why are you asking?

Think your wrong man, not stated anywhere, Crucial said it doesnt (mod here who is reputable with his info) all of my guys at the RIM launch event said they didnt for cost savings passed onto the users since people end up not using it and using the memory card instead (phone comes with a 2GB microsd card)

I think your the janitor :P
    10-21-09 05:58 PM
    And if you have "guys"at RIM, why are you asking?

I don't have guys at rim, I asked the guys @ rim, technical developers, who know about it i can only assume, at the BOLD Launch event this morning in Miami... I was talking to a many different guys there, they are not my personal informants....
    10-21-09 06:52 PM
    it makes sense that RIM took out the 1gb of onboard memory. The device is cheaper to manufacture, means more profits for RIM. And nobody really used the 1gb onboard memory on the original Bold. At least, it doesnt make sense why you would considering large capacity SD cards are available cheap nowadays.

What bothers me the most is the actual design of the blackberry. Why can i not store apps on SD card? Why is everything stored in RAM?
    10-21-09 07:31 PM
    it makes sense that RIM took out the 1gb of onboard memory. The device is cheaper to manufacture, means more profits for RIM. And nobody really used the 1gb onboard memory on the original Bold. At least, it doesnt make sense why you would considering large capacity SD cards are available cheap nowadays.

What bothers me the most is the actual design of the blackberry. Why can i not store apps on SD card? Why is everything stored in RAM?

I asked that today @ the launch event for the bold, they told me "security/speed" issues with apps on SD card and that they are "looking into it"...
    10-21-09 08:08 PM
    The 2GB onboard memory reffered to the Storm. Where the **** do some of you get your facts from? Store reps? Stop posting rubbish and go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD