ok, so heres the story... ive had the first iphone, and two 3g's got fed up with no mms.. and lil stuff like that.. so i bought a bold last april... was a nice phone.. but got sick of it.. so i went and bought a 3Gs last week.. and ill tell you what. i love it. now its a real video takin, mms'in, bad *** phone. anyway.. back to my question.. i used itunes from my old iphones... had a few hundred songs dl'ed.. but i recently purchased a new computer due to my old one burning up... and when i log into my itunes account with my old login info... everything works.. except i have NO MUSIC there... did i lose $100's of dollars worth of music?????
    10-21-09 08:18 AM
    I'm not positive but your log in info should only restore the music that you purchased from iTunes in the past.
    Any other music, you will have to restore from your external back up hard drive.

You do back up your computers correct?
    10-21-09 09:38 AM
    Unlike apps, once you download music to a computer there are no re-downloads. So if you dont have the old computer, and didnt backup the songs you are SOL.
    10-21-09 11:14 AM
    I don't understand why people don't use external hdds.

U can take the hdd from ur old computer, stick it in an external case and access the data that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 12:16 PM
    My old comp is fried. No longer able to do anything. Jus a pile of burnt plastic. I'm guessing I got nothing. Damn

10-21-09 01:26 PM
    And yes. All the music on there was purchased from iTunes.

10-21-09 01:27 PM
    Some people in your shoes have had luck emailing apple and informing them of their harddrive crashes and apple has granted a one time redownload of already purchased music. You can read about it here and possibly try your luck by emailing them yourself
    How to re-download iTunes purchased music? - Mac Forums
    10-21-09 06:56 PM
    I called them and that's exactly what they did. Gave me a one time re-download for all my purchased items. Apples customer service is definitly one of the best out there. Thanks for ur help guys.

10-23-09 04:35 PM
    Good to know!! I love Apple
    10-23-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD