I can't seem to reinstall BBM. After I load up the App World it says BBM is archived. I try to take it out of the archive and BBM never loads it back onto the phone. I also tried deleting BBM from App World and redownloading it but it still wont load onto the phone. I have also done multiple battery pulls and made sure that all permissions were set to allow. Any suggestions?
    10-21-09 06:01 AM
    so install it OTA from bbhybrids.net ?

BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - BBM5
    10-21-09 06:10 AM
    Well... The suspense is killing me...

Did you get it to work from the link?
    10-21-09 06:47 AM
    why not hit up www.blackberry.com/messenger might make things a bit easier..
    10-21-09 07:23 AM
    i had same problem. download from site as "getonmahlevel" suggested and it works.
    10-21-09 08:13 AM
    mine is working via app world
    10-21-09 08:17 AM
    ok.. here is your problem. and this is how it is WITH most apps... in the misdt of downloading your app, it will check some files in your phone, and download accordingly. your downloaded version of BBM that is archived, is not going to work with your os. delete the archived, redownload it. and it will work. trust me. ive done it many many times. if this STILL doesnt work.. open apploader, install bbm4.7 and the app world will work.
    10-21-09 08:28 AM
    working from app world!
    10-21-09 08:51 AM
    Reason why I gave an off-site link, is that i don't use (CR)AppWorld...

Lets load an app that is a "browser" and then download files...

NO THANK YOU!!
    10-21-09 08:53 AM
    Reason why I gave an off-site link, is that i don't use (CR)AppWorld...

Lets load an app that is a "browser" and then download files...

NO THANK YOU!!
    Agree. I didn't mind app world until the archiving started. Very annoying to say the least.
    10-21-09 09:00 AM
    If you backed up your apps prior to installing the new OS you could just reload the BBM cod in your backup folder too
    10-21-09 10:53 AM
    Does anyone have application center showing up?

Thanks
    Josh
    10-21-09 11:05 AM
    I just deselected BBM Messenger when I installed the OS and haven't had an issue yet! So far, works great
    10-21-09 12:04 PM
    App world is terrible. I am forced to download and use it only in the rare case when I actually want an application which is not cheaper anywhere else and can not be downloaded anywhere else.

My friend had this problem with BBM being archived and was forced to uninstall both app world and BBM, and start from scratch.
    10-21-09 12:05 PM
    Yeah, I never ever go anywhere near App Center or App World. They're big memory hogs. I download pretty much anything I need with OTA links on sites like stormota.com and the like.
    10-21-09 12:09 PM
    Even though I backed up and restored apps from DM prior to installing, BBM 5 did not show up after the restore and numerous battery pulls.

Just going to blackberry.com/messenger, without bothering to delete anything on the device, and downloading BBM5 again fixed the problem.

BBm5's "backup and restore by email" option then worked as it was supposed to, and BBM5 now works perfectly under .323 ...contacts, groups, etc restored perfectly.

FWIW ...
    10-21-09 12:21 PM
    so install it OTA from bbhybrids.net ?

BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - BBM5
    This is what I did and it works great........
    10-21-09 12:22 PM
    For some reason BBM never comes back automatically even if you select that you want it in the app loader. I've always had to reinstall it manually from the cod or OTA. Dunno why.
    10-21-09 12:22 PM
    Is anyone having any trouble clicking on the info/arrows/etc at the bottom of bbm? if i touch them, instead of highlighting they're making it scroll down instead of highlighting the icons
    10-21-09 12:58 PM
    Not doing that on mine
    10-21-09 01:25 PM
    Well... The suspense is killing me...

Did you get it to work from the link?
    Thank You very much!! This worked perfect and now my BBM is back up and running. I'm now noticing the Verizon's Visual Voicemail is not notifying the phone when I receive message, any clue as to how I can fix this. I've tried redownloading it, but it only puts the message on the phone if I manually check for new messages.
    10-21-09 01:54 PM
    Well, BBM still not showing up for me. I've done everything now, still a no go... hmmm... Going to try and complete wipe/restore now, let's see what happens...
    10-21-09 02:29 PM
    Download it from blackberry.com/messenger as suggested, delete the app world archive
    10-21-09 03:36 PM
    I tried downloading it from everywhere, app world, blackberry, and bbhybrids, no go on all of them. Deleted app world archive, multiple battery pulls, etc.....

Complete wipe/restore fixed the problem though....
    10-21-09 03:45 PM
    sort of wierd.
    I DL'd the new OS and after reboot app world and BB messeger were fine. rebooted and now both gone.
    had to go back and download again.
    i think something went kaplooeee when i hit the restore archive thingie.
    10-21-09 04:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD