I'm having issues with my Storm. Wondering if it's common with others, or if it's mine only, and a possible warranty issue...

As the temp gets colder outside, the touchscreen is LESS responsive. It don't even have to be very cold. Temps in the low 50's and I have "Dead spots" (for lack of a better explanation) on the screen.

The phone is only 6 or 7 months old. I started having these problems last month (with the cold starting) just after a vacation to Orlando Fl... In Orlando we had temps in the mid-90's. So every day I was going from a COOL air-conditioned room to the 90's. Could this temp swing have damaged my phone in some way, or is it "Normal" for the touchscreen to stop working if it gets chilly? (Hate to see what it will be like when it's downright COLD!)

And while I'm on that, how does the Verizon warranty work? If I'm disappointed in the performance of the Storm, can I swap it out (under warranty) for something like the Curve/Tour?

Thanks...
    10-20-09 10:20 PM
    I wouldn't call it normal, but I also have experienced it. I think it has to do with the way the touch screen actually works. Its basically a whole **** of a lot micro-transitors and I believe(correct me if im wrong) that when the finger touches the screen you create a complete circuit or signal so the temp could have an effect on completing that circuit
    10-20-09 10:36 PM
    Do you have dust under your screen as well. Usually when you have a bad seal dust will get under the screen and also moisture will get in there. It seems to usually occur to people that live in humid climates.
    10-21-09 12:52 AM
    I haven't had this problem. Any screen responsiveness issues I've ever had were resolved by cleaning the screen with alcohol or something and doing a battery pull. I've never noticed it to happen moreo r less frequently relative to the temp.
    10-21-09 12:54 AM
    I dont understand why you wouldn't get a new phone, I think it comes with a 1 yr warranty, but I'm not sure. And humidity will make the screen unresponsive, but after a while it should become responsive again.
    10-21-09 12:54 AM
    Well, got it taken care of.... Exchanged for a new one under the warranty.

The "Cold" responsiveness is possibly due to the vacation I took last month to Florida (96 was the high, with HIGH humidity!!!). All the cold problems started when I came home to 40's and 50's...

The main issue was the dead spot on the screen. The top 1/2 inch of the screen was DEAD. NOTHING would work in there. Typing in Landscape mode SUCKED as I had to keep flipping the storm over to get to those keys!...

Anyway. No issue now.

One thing that got me was the NEW one don't get the FULL 1 year. They only continue the warranty with what I have left. Makes no sense since this device is new, and should have the 1 year on it.
    10-21-09 04:50 PM
    I am having the same issuses with my storm as well and I amgoing to mine as well.
    10-23-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD