Can u guys help me out, My txt ring tone wont stop playing til the end of the song. my Bro has the same BB Tour phone and his stops once u press a button....
    10-20-09 09:41 PM
    Can someone please help with this. I am having the same concern. It was just my text message ringtone which wasn't a concern because I mostly use BBM for the people I text most. But today it even happened in BBM with a BBM contact. Very annoying. Oh and this started with the newest Verizon OS 5.0.0.591 and platform 4.2.0.284
    05-13-10 06:51 PM
    Maybe its best if you get an actual SMS tone, and not use a whole song.
    05-13-10 06:54 PM
    .591 is buggy.... What OS does your brother have? Is his Tour also on Verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 07:51 PM
    Is there really no one else but us two with this issue. I have switched back to a text tone but it is not the tone I want.
    05-16-10 10:33 PM
    this is an ongoing problem with the VZW OS, do a battery pull. and downgrade your OS if you can. I think big red hates the Tour!
    05-17-10 11:03 AM
    Is there really no one else but us two with this issue. I have switched back to a text tone but it is not the tone I want.
    There were TONS of people on CB with this issue. Next time you lot have something funky going on with your device, make sure you use the "search" feature of the forums here to make sure your questions haven't already been answered. People here get very cranky about multiple threads about the same issue...

Basically, there is no real fix for this issue other than to downgrade/upgrade your OS away from VZW's terrible .591 (as others have said herein). I have posted a list of other threads with helpful information [HERE].
    05-17-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD