try this : push Alt and keep pushing than: GLGLG
    you will see the event log >push the bb button than chose clear log
    10-20-09 04:16 PM
    Its "LGLG", the first G is not necessary. Also this is well known way to keep your device running well. Check out the "How To" forum sometime.
    10-20-09 04:31 PM
    Clearing the event log is useless. As soon as you start using your phone it starts logging again. Try it. Clear it and then do some simple task. Check the log and you will see it is right back to where it was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 04:49 PM
    I think it can be usefull after a long time but if you clear it everyday you won't see the difference...

10-20-09 06:12 PM
    Clearing the event log is useless. As soon as you start using your phone it starts logging again. Try it. Clear it and then do some simple task. Check the log and you will see it is right back to where it was.

Not if you clear it, then hit menu again, Then options. Change the top to debug. Come down and hit menu again and select "Hide all types".
    10-20-09 06:19 PM
    Its "LGLG", the first G is not necessary. Also this is well known way to keep your device running well. Check out the "How To" forum sometime.
    LOL! Hey aristile....I wonder if they know that the red hangup/end button not only turns the phone off, but ON as well. Great tip for those who want to take full advantage of the phone's secret battery saving app!
    10-20-09 06:33 PM
    I think it can be usefull after a long time but if you clear it everyday you won't see the difference...
    Does not matter is you clear it every hour on the hour, once a week, once a
    month, or never. The Event Log will never hold more than 400kb of data. If 400kb
    is essential to your phone functioning properly, you got much bigger problems
    than the Event Log.

Not if you clear it, then hit menu again, Then options. Change the top to debug. Come down and hit menu again and select "Hide all types".
    This does nothing but keep the log from showing. It still and will always
    maintain a log. Use BBSAK or CrackUtil to clear it. Immediately read it
    again. Populated with new data? There is no way to stop the Event Log.
    10-21-09 01:13 AM
    Cool...good to know this shortcut
    Thanx

10-21-09 01:49 AM
    just download logmaid... Not that that does anything either.
    10-21-09 02:11 AM
    Cool...good to know this shortcut
    Why?

10char
    10-21-09 09:52 AM
    just get logmaid, let the maid handle it....
    10-21-09 11:08 AM
    I would love to let the maid handle it!!!! loool
    10-22-09 04:35 AM
    Ok, so you trade a small system log with an application that takes up space and CPU cycles and battery power. The advantage to doing this is not so obvious to me.

As stated, it's a small file and there's no way to stop it. Personally I just let it do its thing.

10-22-09 08:42 AM
    cool, phone runs a bit quicker now, hadnt done that since i got the phone in may
    10-22-09 09:01 AM
    cool, phone runs a bit quicker now, hadnt done that since i got the phone in may
    It's purely in your head, trust me.
    10-22-09 10:29 AM
    As stated before. Clearing the event log does nothing.

10-22-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD