Many people have said that since the Storm2 has not been announced yet, we will not see it available tomorrow, Oct. 21, 2009. Others have said that that doesn't matter. I know we have a ton of Apple haters in the house, but Apple just released several significantly improved product lines including the new iMacs, as well as their new full-touch "Magic Mouse" without any announcement whatsoever. And these weren't just upgrades. They are completely new designs and new products. So what makes anyone think that the Storm2, which appears to most people to be nothing more than a minor upgrade, will not be available tomorrow simply because we have not heard from Verizon yet? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! You should, too.
    10-20-09 01:38 PM
    Your optimism precedes you in 1,000 different threads. Hopefully you're right---so we won't need these threads anymore.
    10-20-09 01:41 PM
    It�s now oblivious that Verizon is busy with a major droid push, I wonder what that means for the storm 2 release. All air will be sucked up by droid so the storm 2 might just �appear� soon without any fanfare from Verizon.
    10-20-09 01:46 PM
    I've felt myself agreeing more each day with your statement, OP. I think that Verizon could very well release the phone for pre-order online as of tonight, and though stores may not launch the phone tomorrow, I do think it's coming some time this month.

Then again, maybe Storm2 truly hasn't passed TA or some other obstacle is in the way and a release date is going to be pushed back, but honestly, I don't see how a few weeks will matter. Really, the only people who will be affected in any significant way are the people who purchase Storm 1 without knowing Storm2 is coming out very, very soon, and to those people I feel very sorry. However, that is life and it does happen with other phones, and nothing makes Storm2 more special than any other model of phone that has ever been released. Also, the other type of people it affects those are the ones who are too impatient for wait for Storm2 to come out and drop and switch to another network (lol @ people who go from VZW to AT&T) because they're 'tired of waiting for Storm2' or something, or those who want the Storm so bad they buy the Storm 1, and these people could just switch their phone out for the Storm2 once it releases.

Just be patient. Calm. Calm. Relax... it will be okay, we'll all have our Storm2 phones soon
    10-20-09 01:46 PM
    Your optimism precedes you in 1,000 different threads. Hopefully you're right---so we won't need these threads anymore.
    I agree. I hope that when it is released all of these threads are deleted and we start all over.
    10-20-09 01:47 PM
    it might be phased in, in place of the S1 and full marketing capacity is going to focus on the Droid as that is the best chance big red has against the iphone. a new S2 has its own loyal BB followers who will buy it as an upgrade or it will attract those s1 people who held back from purchasing the original S1. i know i will be getting myself a S2. hope it can sway me away from my love for my company's "business purposes" iphone. =P
    10-20-09 01:54 PM
    I'm also keeping my fingers crossed ... MY EYES ARE ALREADY CROSSED from reading threads with umpteen release dates. I'm just falling into the philosophy of: I'll buy it when I see it.
    10-20-09 02:04 PM
    im still a toss up between the S2 or the Droid. Probably go with S2 for BBM.
    10-20-09 02:42 PM
    lets hope that is the case, im thinking it might be a silent release also.
    10-20-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD