I finally threw in the towel and called Verizon. My Storm has a problem with the touch screen doing much nutiness. Basically it does stuff without the click. Sometimes resting a finger on the screen will cause that item to be selected multiple times. Sometimes something else will be chosen. Anyway, it is unuseable. I called Verizon today. They are sending a replacement. I wanted to go buy one from Craigslist so I could check it out before purchase. Alas, I could not justify the extra cost. I've had this one since January. It did not make it a year.

I really hoped to hold out until the Storm II but I could not.

Wish me luck in getting a good one,
    jrohland
    10-20-09 09:50 AM
    Couldn't wait a couple of days?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 11:54 AM
    refurbs are sooo much better ijust got one and i love it!
    10-21-09 09:43 AM
    Just a forewarning...refurbs are not always great. It's a crapshoot. I exchanged my first storm for a refurb in February, it was very solid, looked brand new, and it lasted me flawlessly until about August, when it started to randomly reboot. I called Verizon, went through the hoopla and got them to send me a refurb. However, I never got one that was worth a sh!t this second time around. The first one looked like someone had kicked it around, dropped it down a few flights of concrete stairs and then buried it in an Egyptian sand storm. The second one was much better, but it too looked like it had some serious hardware flaws. I can't really explain it, but somehow the left side was bowed so that it had a much larger gap between the screen and the outer shell of the phone than "good" Storms have. My fears of the insane amount of dust made me send that one back too. I just decided to stick with the original refurb I got in February for now and deal with the rebooting. I didn't feel like spending the time to transfer over my third party apps, etc., when the phone wasn't up to my standards. It's better than getting some of those pieces of junk they send out.

Just an FYI...
    10-23-09 09:03 AM
    As usual Verizon screwed up and did not send the replacement Storm. This does not surprise me as I normall have to make at least two and often three calls to Verizon to get anything done.

Since they screwed up, I now plan to beg, whine, threaten and cojole them into giving me a Storm 2 as a replacement. Figure there is any chance? Nah, neither do I.

If they did that for me they would have almost every one who owned a Storm for less than a year (almost everyone) calling with hardware problems wanting a Storm 2 as a replacementment.

Still, it is worth a try. For what I pay them a month, they should take good care of me.

jrohland
    10-26-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD