Well I get the handme downs LOL Anyhow I have a Instinct right now and my son is going to be changing plans and I am getting the BB he has a Curve 8330.

Question what would you do as in I am pretty geeky so what would be the first thing to do with the new to me Curve?

Wipe it out and install the latest OS and my contacts and start fresh. I do have a 4 gig card also to install I guess that will have to be formatted too.

Is the new 5.0 worth it for a new user or should I just play with "stable" OS for now till I learn about the BB since this is my first.
    I have read alot of the help and tips great reading !!!!!
    10-20-09 09:46 AM
    I would say play with a stable official OS first and get the hang of your new Curve and then start doing other things to it.
    10-20-09 09:48 AM
    I would say play with a stable official OS first and get the hang of your new Curve and then start doing other things to it.
    I'd have to agree with that as well.
    10-20-09 07:38 PM
    Have you read the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series yet?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 09:01 PM
    Have you read the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series yet?
    Most of them some twice !!! Very interested in the Theme builder as I also ride Motorcycles and would love to have a theme for my make and model bike!!!
    10-20-09 09:10 PM
    just stick with the original OS, i've had my curve for about a year, and i finally got the guts to upgrade to 5.0
    10-20-09 09:11 PM
    Changing the OS is no problem always like the latest greatest LOL Even in OSs for my Computers Windows 7 here I come and in doing so you have to expect bugs and issues. But for now I will stick with the lastest "released" version till I get used to it... Thanks all
    10-20-09 09:19 PM
    Definitely opt for stable until you become more familiar with the BB. Radical can get you in trouble fast.

For convemience and easier posting to the forums on mobile, may I recommend the CrackBerry launcher?

http://crackberry.com/files/launcher...y_launcher.jad

10-20-09 09:27 PM
    CB launcher is great. I have my left convenience key set to launch CB. I don't even need the icon on my desktop/homescreen, it is hidden away in a folder.

10-20-09 09:52 PM
    You could also try configuring it with funambol if you want.

10-20-09 11:22 PM
    Congrats on getting rid of the instinct! I had an instinct prior to my bb and still can't believe the difference

10-21-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD