Just out of curiosity....

for all those of you who had your tour replaced due to faulty trackball issues and received the green dot tour...

did you have any further trackball problems or did the green dot tour hold up to its claim of no more trackball issues...
    10-20-09 01:11 AM
    there are no more problems with trackballs.. can we sticky this?
    the verdict came out months ago.
    10-20-09 01:15 AM
    there are no more problems with trackballs.. can we sticky this?
    the verdict came out months ago.

10 chars!!
    10-20-09 02:07 AM
    Yea my green dot works great with no problems at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 04:00 AM
    Mine works great too.

10-20-09 08:42 AM
    I've only had mine for 5 days but my trackball works flawlessly so far.
    10-20-09 09:19 AM
    Mine works fine. It's been about a month now.
    10-20-09 09:46 AM
    I am on my second green dot tour. The first one worked fine for a while. First issue i had was that when i rolled the ball, it felt like it was spinning too freely. Like it wasn't making contact with anything inside at all. usually if i clicked it, or switched from horizontal to vertical movement or the other way around it would fix the problem. Then it eventually went back to the normal problem of jumping up or down when i was moving left or right. And then finally to the point that it would take a good 10-15 seconds of trying to move left or right (feathering, going fast, pushing down, u name it) to move over one icon. I just got my second green dot tour on Friday. Already i had the issue of the ball moving and it feeling like no contact at all.
    10-20-09 09:46 AM
    My first green dot tour fell victim to the trackball failing after 2-3 weeks as my previous non-green dot tours did. I've had the second green dot for just over a week now and there are no signs of it failing like before. As best as I can tell, at least the model I have, it appears to be fixed. Also, my battery door doesn't move on this one either.
    10-20-09 10:10 AM
    My original green dot Tour works perfectly after a month as expected. I agree that this topic needs to be laid to rest.

10-20-09 10:15 AM
    this may sound stupid...but whut is a green dot model of da tour n how do i tell if i have a green dot tour??
    10-20-09 11:38 AM
    My original green dot Tour works perfectly after a month as expected. I agree that this topic needs to be laid to rest.

How can you possibly say that, when a few posts above you this was said:

"I am on my second green dot tour. The first one worked fine for a while. First issue i had was that when i rolled the ball, it felt like it was spinning too freely. Like it wasn't making contact with anything inside at all. usually if i clicked it, or switched from horizontal to vertical movement or the other way around it would fix the problem. Then it eventually went back to the normal problem of jumping up or down when i was moving left or right. And then finally to the point that it would take a good 10-15 seconds of trying to move left or right (feathering, going fast, pushing down, u name it) to move over one icon. I just got my second green dot tour on Friday. Already i had the issue of the ball moving and it feeling like no contact at all."

To back up his story, I'm on my 3rd damn Tour. Last one is a brand new replacement. Worked fine until about a week ago, and now my trackball is not scrolling horizontally properly.

Take your head out of the sand.
    10-20-09 11:44 AM
    I'm sure there's a few people who are having problems--that doesn't constitute a problem with the device. Just because a few people have the flu, doesn't make it an epidemic (or even pandemic!)
    10-20-09 11:52 AM
    Green dots are refurbs...

The minute I turned on my green dot I knew I was in trouble...

I returned it immediately because of Trackball issues. I couldn't even believe they sent this POS as a replacement. The one I was going to replace worked better than the green dot.

Tour history� My first Tour(1) had trackball issues and was replaced on day 30 with a New device(2). That device was replaced because of faulty trackball issues with a Green Dot Device(3). It arrived last week, 60 days after the 1st replacement(2). I guess that�s not too bad, 30 more days than the first device� LOL � The second Tour(2) even had a problem with the battery door, but that didn�t really bother me because I have the Casemate Barely There case on it and don�t have to feel the movement in the door. Unfortunately the 3rd device (Green Dot) was way worse than the first 2� As I started to get into the 3rd phone it felt kind of quirky from the beginning. After a couple of hours using the phone, I realized that it was a refurb. I wasn�t too happy about that, but figured I would go through the process to stay within what the warranty representative recommended so that in the long run I get me a working phone. Believing that this Tour would resolve my trackball issues I spent hours obtaining all new activation keys for my new PIN and installing and configuring all applications and themes. In the process the trackball felt a little crunchy at times, but what the heck, I�m going to continue the process. After playing a few hands of Hold�em I surfed the web and much to my surprise, NOT, the trackball started really acting up bad� This was within the first several hours of receiving the replacement Green Dot Tour. Needless to say Green Dot doesn�t mean Trackball issues resolved.

I am now using device (2) which was a new device and not a refurb. The trackball appears to be working acceptably now... And I�m not too excited about replacing with a refurb until absolutely necessary.
    10-20-09 12:37 PM
    Any Tour manufactured on or after August 3, 2009 should be free of the trackball issue. Check the date code on the box before activating a new Tour if you swap it at the store. The code is located above the "Handheld Made in" text at the bottom of the label. The date is in the format of DDMMYY, so August 3rd reads as "030809".

Note: Not all Tours manufactured before August 3rd have the trackball issue, but the manufacturing process was changed on the 3rd to prevent the problem.
    10-20-09 12:51 PM
    My green dot Tour is my 4th. It has been working flawlessly for a month.
    10-20-09 12:55 PM
    Green dots are refurbs...
    No they aren't. Refurbished means that they were once sold as new, returned for any reason and then examined, fixed if necessary, and marketed as refurbished.

Green Dots are brand new units, they just have had their potentially defective parts replaced with the improved parts.

It is illegal to sell a refurbished product as new.
    10-20-09 01:04 PM
    No they aren't. Refurbished means that they were once sold as new, returned for any reason and then examined, fixed if necessary, and marketed as refurbished.

Green Dots are brand new units, they just have had their potentially defective parts replaced with the improved parts.

It is illegal to sell a refurbished product as new.
    They aren't selling Green Dot Tours. They are replacing them when someone who is outside of the 30 day new exchange window needs a replacement. I have never heard that they are new, so you must know something nobody else does.

My Green Dot Tour has had no hardware issues since I've received it.
    10-20-09 01:10 PM
    They aren't selling Green Dot Tours.
    They absolutely are. My BRAND NEW Tour was a Green Dot Tour.
    10-20-09 03:02 PM
    Any Tour manufactured on or after August 3, 2009 should be free of the trackball issue. Check the date code on the box before activating a new Tour if you swap it at the store. The code is located above the "Handheld Made in" text at the bottom of the label. The date is in the format of DDMMYY, so August 3rd reads as "030809".

Note: Not all Tours manufactured before August 3rd have the trackball issue, but the manufacturing process was changed on the 3rd to prevent the problem.
    So much for that theory. This is my 3rd Tour, replaced because of the trackball issue. It has begun having the same trackball problems as the other two, and it was made on August 11th...
    10-20-09 03:10 PM
    I can say that this topic needs to die because we all know that 1) the pre-green dot Tours had lots of trackball issues and 2) the green dot Tours have sporadic issues. There are a hundred threads on the topic. They've changed the assembly which fixes most problems and there a few that still have issues due to either usage conditions or the inevitable fact that a sensitive piece of electronics is never going to be 100 percent flawless. That's the bottom line.

How can you possibly say that, when a few posts above you this was said:

"I am on my second green dot tour. The first one worked fine for a while. First issue i had was that when i rolled the ball, it felt like it was spinning too freely. Like it wasn't making contact with anything inside at all. usually if i clicked it, or switched from horizontal to vertical movement or the other way around it would fix the problem. Then it eventually went back to the normal problem of jumping up or down when i was moving left or right. And then finally to the point that it would take a good 10-15 seconds of trying to move left or right (feathering, going fast, pushing down, u name it) to move over one icon. I just got my second green dot tour on Friday. Already i had the issue of the ball moving and it feeling like no contact at all."

To back up his story, I'm on my 3rd damn Tour. Last one is a brand new replacement. Worked fine until about a week ago, and now my trackball is not scrolling horizontally properly.

Take your head out of the sand.
    10-20-09 03:13 PM
    My brand new green dot Tour trackball has been working flawlessly for a few weeks now.

10-20-09 03:13 PM
    I can say that this topic needs to die because we all know that 1) the pre-green dot Tours had lots of trackball issues and 2) the green dot Tours have sporadic issues. There are a hundred threads on the topic. They've changed the assembly which fixes most problems and there a few that still have issues due to either usage conditions or the inevitable fact that a sensitive piece of electronics is never going to be 100 percent flawless. That's the bottom line.

I'm not expecting perfection. Just expecting it to behave like the trackball on my old Curve.

Don't know where or when it will happen to you, but one day you will be using your Tour and it will suddenly stop scrolling properly from left to right. When it does, come back here and tell us how the crow tastes...
    10-20-09 03:16 PM
    i dont know what constitutes as a "problem" but i have a green dot (bought new) and my ball seems noisier and not as tight after about 3 weeks of use.
    10-20-09 03:17 PM
    You are implying that the problem will eventually happen to every Tour? That's simply not true or at least not proven. Most green dot Tours are fine and they've been out for 2 months. I agree with you; maybe in another month they all could fail but I think that is pretty unlikely.

While others were replacing their 8xxx trackballs, mine worked great for over 2 years. I expect the same from the Tour.

I'm not expecting perfection. Just expecting it to behave like the trackball on my old Curve.

Don't know where or when it will happen to you, but one day you will be using your Tour and it will suddenly stop scrolling properly from left to right. When it does, come back here and tell us how the crow tastes...
    10-20-09 03:23 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD