I have been reading about everybody's track ball issues but none of them seem to apply to me.
    I preordered my tour and upon arrival, everything was perfect. About a week ago, my trackball started to act up. I cleaned it with alcohol and blew some air from a can on it.
    It feels as if some parts of the trackball are too smooth.
    I have done all of the tricks commonly discussed on this forum.
    I am considering replacing the trackball. Does this void the warranty? Is the oem trackball preferred (T-mobile G1 on previous blackberries)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 12:05 AM
    Maybe the "too smooth" parts of your trackball is left over residue/wear-and-tear from your rubbing alcohol.

Just a thought.

10-20-09 12:07 AM
    Maybe the "too smooth" parts of your trackball is left over residue/wear-and-tear from your rubbing alcohol.

Just a thought.

he had the problems before the rubbing alcohol.

i know what youre saying. i have that problem intermittently. did with my 8130 as well. not really sure why it happens though. maybe its the trackball mechanism not the trackball
    10-20-09 12:11 AM
    i know what youre saying. i have that problem intermittently. did with my 8130 as well. not really sure why it happens though. maybe its the trackball mechanism not the trackball
    Did you ever replace the trackball or anything?
    10-20-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD