so today i took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was all white.. and i brought it to the store they said i had to do warranty.. and did, what can i do to prevent it from happening again? and what should i do with this cracked-screen tour? thanks..
    10-19-09 02:43 PM
    so today i took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was all white.. and i brought it to the store they said i had to do warranty.. and did, what can i do to prevent it from happening again? and what should i do with this cracked-screen tour? thanks..
    First, i think you should take a picture of it...second...do you remember if you bang something on your thigh or around that area to cause that to happen?
    10-19-09 03:18 PM
    Don't sit on it again. jk. Just be more careful about where you keep it at. You may want to consider getting a case for it too.
    10-19-09 03:47 PM
    First, i think you should take a picture of it...second...do you remember if you bang something on your thigh or around that area to cause that to happen?
    i was in class, and the only thing (that i can think of) is me leaning against the desk and that might have been too much pressure for the phone.. prob gonna sell the broken one once the new one comes in tomorrow. and i had a silicon case, if that matters. lol
    10-19-09 04:18 PM
    Ive seen alot of cases like that. Actually, i remember there was someone on here like a week ago who broke their screen and it was just in their pocket. The screen is sensitive just like any other LCD screen. Like ComfortablyNumb said, a good maybe hard case would help out...not so much a silicone one...
    10-19-09 05:17 PM
    i was in class, and the only thing (that i can think of) is me leaning against the desk and that might have been too much pressure for the phone.. prob gonna sell the broken one once the new one comes in tomorrow. and i had a silicon case, if that matters. lol
    the same thing happened to me, but with my treo. It was in my pocket during a meeting and I kept hitting the end of the chair with my phone.

If you are going to put your phone in your pocket, just remember to keep the screen side against your phone. This way if you do hit something the back of the phone will take the brunt of the damage.

Btw, I think when you do the replacement you have to return the broken phone.

Good luck..
    10-19-09 05:56 PM
    Im just specualting here, but has anybody thought that if you bend the screen, itll put pressure on the screen, distort the colors, and then break? Ive been thinking that thats exactly whats going on here when its in our pockets and we get it exposed to shock someway...
    10-19-09 06:07 PM
    If it is being replaced under a warranty or insurance claim, they will want the old one back - do not sell it unless you are sure they don't want it.
    10-19-09 07:47 PM
    I must have got luck because when my track ball geeked up they let me keep my old one and I sold it to a guy for parts.
    10-19-09 07:56 PM
    But keep it out of your pocket. Change, keys, and misc other junk can in the key board or scratch then screen (or in your case turn it white). Try the OEM belt clip the phone came with.
    10-19-09 07:57 PM
    It may be that these screens aren't cracking due to impact. I speculate that the screens are suffering from stress fractures because the phone is being twisted laterally. Auto windshields are only held in by pliable epoxy. If they were solidly secured, when you hit bumps and twist the frame, the windshield would crack.
    10-19-09 08:41 PM
    It may be that these screens aren't cracking due to impact. I speculate that the screens are suffering from stress fractures because the phone is being twisted laterally. Auto windshields are only held in by pliable epoxy. If they were solidly secured, when you hit bumps and twist the frame, the windshield would crack.
    An hour ago I was gonna post the exact same thing u explained but didn't cuz I don't know if I was gonna get laughed. But you make 100% sense, and this occurrence makes 100% sense too.
    10-19-09 09:16 PM
    this happened to me 4 times when i had an alias
    try not to put too much pressure in that area
    my phone was under warranty but i still had to pay $50 to get it replaced.
    10-19-09 09:26 PM
    this happened to me 4 times...
    Jonnyblaze76: You know, you left the door wide open to get poked at - so here I go. How many time does this have to happen before you learn your lesson. I think it was Sigmund Freud who said, "insanity is when you commit the same action repeatedly expecting a different result."
    10-19-09 09:47 PM
    Jonnyblaze76: You know, you left the door wide open to get poked at - so here I go. How many time does this have to happen before you learn your lesson. I think it was Sigmund Freud who said, "insanity is when you commit the same action repeatedly expecting a different result."
    Lol...idk but maybe he is a construction worker getting himself banged up or something. U never know what his field of work is...but I agree, 4 times deserves and explanation as I'm curious to know, so please do tell.
    10-19-09 10:05 PM
    If you are looking to sell the broken screen tour, let me know, i need one. Make sure the warranty coverage or insurance doesn't require you to return it tho first.
    10-20-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD