View Poll Results: Choose the browser you prefer use on your Tour.

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry Browser (default)

103 49.76%
  • Opera Mini 4.1/4.2

16 7.73%
  • Opera Mini 5.0 beta

39 18.84%
  • Bolt 1.5

46 22.22%
  • Others (please post the name)

3 1.45%
    I started this thread to get a collection of thoughts concerning web browsing on the Blackberry Tour. I recently installed opera mini 5 beta and had a negative experience. I tried to use it for wap.forum browsing and was unable to login. Opera mini 5 would freeze and lock up resulting to a battery pull, not cool. So I trashed it via deletion, downloaded Bolt 1.5. Bolt 1.5 has been working far more superior, but I experience a pause when loading a page around the 20% mark. But beside that it has been great experience and think it a keeper. I have nothing against the Blackberry browser it gets the job done we all know that. Just shopping around for speed, performance and user ability.

Okay Crackberry users,abusers,geniuses and addicts. Lets get this party started and please posts your experience,pros and cons. Regarding web browsers (default,3rd party) opera mini,opera mini 5 beta,bolt 1.5 and others we dont know about.

godspeed..!!!
    10-19-09 09:47 AM
    Opera Mini 4.2 (or whatever the latest version is) for me.
    10-19-09 09:51 AM
    Opera Mini 4.2 (or whatever the latest version is) for me.
    Have you tried the new opera mini 5.0 beta yet?
    10-19-09 09:58 AM
    Have you tried the new opera mini 5.0 beta yet?
    I tried it on my Curve, but it didn't give me an option to import my bookmarks from the older version, so I said screw it.
    10-19-09 10:07 AM
    Pera Mini 5.0 doesn't allow me to open or type into any text boxes.

I tried Bolt yesterday and it slows my tour to a crawl.

Tried a battery pull, removing and reloading, etc and it bogged every feature down on the phone so it's now gone.
    10-19-09 10:09 AM
    I don't have a Tour so I am not in the vote but having tried Opera-Mini 5, I think that it's a load of rubbish compared to the default browser and BOLT 1.5.
    10-19-09 10:16 AM
    BB Default! The beta Mini 5 is really nice though.
    10-19-09 10:17 AM
    I've tried all those browsers and I strongly prefer the BB browser. I want to try skyfire though. That looks good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:20 AM
    I tried it on my Curve, but it didn't give me an option to import my bookmarks from the older version, so I said screw it.
    Yeah your right there option to sync your profile bookmark from older version like 4.2

Pera Mini 5.0 doesn't allow me to open or type into any text boxes.

I tried Bolt yesterday and it slows my tour to a crawl.

Tried a battery pull, removing and reloading, etc and it bogged every feature down on the phone so it's now gone.
    I just installed bolt last night and made a few posts on it. Didnt really give it a real test run yet. But so far so good me with Bolt 1.5. Didnt notice any OS lagg on my Tour since I installed Bolt. Let see what happens.
    10-19-09 10:20 AM
    I've tried all those browsers and I strongly prefer the BB browser. I want to try skyfire though. That looks good!

Is skyfire installable on a Blackberry.? I thought it was for windows mobile devices and other smartphones. I didnt know it could be installed on a blackberry.
    10-19-09 10:23 AM
    I need all the functions of the BB native browser so I just stick to it.

It also saves on battery not running 2 browsers.

10-19-09 10:23 AM
    So it seems like the BB browser is fast enough for most users so far..interesting>!
    10-19-09 11:05 AM
    I like the default browser, although some sites don't render very well with it. For those, I use Bolt.
    10-19-09 11:21 AM
    awesome. another poll with the same question as past 200 polls/threads about this
    10-19-09 11:28 AM
    awesome. another poll with the same question as past 200 polls/threads about this
    thanks for the vote...webmastir

im really leaning toward the bolt 1.5 browser also, beside the default...
    10-19-09 11:39 AM
    Is skyfire installable on a Blackberry.? I thought it was for windows mobile devices and other smartphones. I didnt know it could be installed on a blackberry.
    Skyfire for Blackberry is still currently in the beta testing phase. Skyfire was leaked out a while back and I guess that really p***ed the developers off, so they canceled that testing program. I believe they've started testing again though.

As far as my favorite browser....it would have to be good ol' OM 4.2
    10-19-09 11:44 AM
    opera mini 5 was great but it is taking a long time to load a site now. bolt always brings up the hour glass for me. i use stock most often now...
    10-19-09 12:06 PM
    I've tried all the various browsers available. While I enjoy Opera Mini, I think the default browser is just fine. My only issue with it is sometimes it takes forever to load a screen because its loading all the scripts.
    10-19-09 12:13 PM
    Some of you are more interested in features rather than speed?
    10-19-09 12:22 PM
    I have all three and I think the BB browser is the best as far as functionality. I used Bolt for a while but it annoys me how it gets stuck on 20%. Opera 5 beta is pretty good. I love the tabbed browsing. My Omnia had a special version of Opera mini already installed on the phone and it was a great browser. This new version is coming close to that. Just a few adjustments and it would be the perfect browser. Tabs is big key for me. I hate clicking on a page and having to go back after I'm done.

10-19-09 12:41 PM
    I use opera 4.x, bolt 1.5, and the native BB browser.

Operas my main go to browser, the other two can't compete with it on speed from what I see having used all 3. Its the first browser I fire up when I want to look something up quick, or browse a forum or two to kill some time.

Bolt is used for facebook, and a couple sites I frequent, that don't display properly in opera, its the second one I go to after opera.

BB browser is used mostly for OTA downloads, or if I can't get a page to load properly in bolt, or opera 4. Bb browser is my last resort for a page that won't load correctly in the other two browsers.

Cheers
    10-19-09 12:50 PM
    I like the default browser, although some sites don't render very well with it. For those, I use Bolt.
    +1. The BB browser does the job. I also use Bolt from time to time as it seems to load some page features where the default won't (i.e. TV schedules on my yahoo page). I'd use Bolt more but it does seem sluggish still.
    10-19-09 01:18 PM
    bolt is my favorite
    10-19-09 01:32 PM
    probably a tie for bolt 1.5 and the blackberry browser.
    10-19-09 02:35 PM
    Bolt seems to work well but I cant sign in to Crackberry with Bolt no matter what I do.
    10-19-09 02:51 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD