I've ben having alot of problems withthe new Facebook app. any idea where i can find the latest FB app that was just below 1.7? v1.6.?.?
    10-19-09 04:02 AM
    Does app world already have the new one up?
    10-19-09 04:11 AM
    yup. filled with bugs
    10-19-09 04:23 AM
    I've ben having alot of problems withthe new Facebook app. any idea where i can find the latest FB app that was just below 1.7? v1.6.?.?
    Below is the link to Version 1.6, I have installed 1.7 on my phone and is is running OK. What OS are you running? (I am on V4.6.0.303 on my Bold). Have you tried clearing the FB cache and running the FB App over wifi for the first time seems to help.

Enter the following address in your mobile browser: mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=facebook16
    Please add "http" bit to the begining of the web address. I cannot paste the link because the is my second post to the forum so I am restricted in pasting links!

Or Access BlackBerry RIM homepage from the BB browser (this should be in the favoruites), select social networking then FB, there you can find an alternative link to version 1.6.

Let me know How you get on?
    Last edited by AceCK88; 10-19-09 at 04:54 AM.
    10-19-09 04:35 AM
    I'm having a lot of problems with FB 1.7 too on my Bold. I'm running OS 4.0.6.282.

I'm getting a LOT of while the app is still trying to download information, as if it wont let me move at all until everything is loaded. This issue was non existant with fb 1.6
    10-19-09 05:56 AM
    So, i tired the link you sent me and its not working. I get a msg saying "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Facebook" ? wtf?

how? i just had this app. Nothing has changed on my phone.

my OS is 4.0.6.303
    10-19-09 10:16 AM
    So, i tired the link you sent me and its not working. I get a msg saying "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Facebook" ? wtf?

how? i just had this app. Nothing has changed on my phone.

my OS is 4.0.6.303
    Same thing here and I HATE facebook 1.7. Its SO buggy and half the time I can't even login.. I've looked everywhere for 1.6 and when I find it, I get the "sorry your device...." bs. Ugh. I wanna know how to get 1.6 too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:13 PM
    Facebook 1.7 TCP/IP Users (Caution)...

If you carrier doesn't support BIS connections and use use your BB's data service via TCP/IP connection, don't install 1.7.0.18!

Apparently, version 1.7.0.18 doesn't support TCP/IP connections (only BIS), so you'll lose connectivity if you install. Sevetal users are complaiing about losing connectivity and not being able to get back to 1.6 (which worked fine).
    10-19-09 12:28 PM
    the issue isn't connectivity, its opening up my contact info. thts the issue.
    10-19-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD