I want to wipe my device of all info accept for the OS. I have been looking around the forums and have not found exactly what I am looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
    10-19-09 02:11 AM
    I want to wipe my device of all info accept for the OS. I have been looking around the forums and have not found exactly what I am looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
    BBSAK>Factory Wipe
    10-19-09 02:25 AM
    BBSAK>Factory Wipe
    Thanks, but where do I find BBSAK.
    10-19-09 02:28 AM
    Thanks, but where do I find BBSAK.
    You can download here:
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/19/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.6.3

Go with Mirror 2 or 3
    10-19-09 02:33 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
    10-19-09 02:35 AM
    No worries. What r you trying to do/ Why do you need to do a factory wipe?
    10-19-09 02:39 AM
    I think I have a problem now. I downloaded BBSAK, clicked on "Wipe Device" and now my Storm screen says "Reload Software 507". Any ideas?
    10-19-09 02:58 AM
    No worries. What r you trying to do/ Why do you need to do a factory wipe?

I am selling my Storm and want to get all of my info off of the phone, but I want to keep the OS.
    10-19-09 03:04 AM
    I think I have a problem now. I downloaded BBSAK, clicked on "Wipe Device" and now my Storm screen says "Reload Software 507". Any ideas?
    LOL! Yeah you did a full wipe and have to reload an OS to your device. You were supposed to select "Factory Reset"
    10-19-09 03:05 AM
    I am selling my Storm and want to get all of my info off of the phone, but I want to keep the OS.
    Gotcha! Figured that but didnt want to assume. If you are looking to sell you are in a better position now as you can offer your buyer to select what OS they want, if they dont want to do it themselves. But its essentially a blank canvas now for them.
    10-19-09 03:08 AM
    Gotcha! Figured that but didnt want to assume. If you are looking to sell you are in a better position now as you can offer your buyer to select what OS they want, if they dont want to do it themselves. But its essentially a blank canvas now for them.

I told the person it would have the newest official firmware. I just don't want remnants of personal info on the phone some where.

I have just used app loader and it is restoring the software, but once this is done is there a way for me to get ride of all my personal info with out wiping everything again? Thanks for your help. I was getting nervous there for a minute (or 10).
    10-19-09 03:17 AM
    I told the person it would have the newest official firmware. I just don't want remnants of personal info on the phone some where.

I have just used app loader and it is restoring the software, but once this is done is there a way for me to get ride of all my personal info with out wiping everything again? Thanks for your help. I was getting nervous there for a minute (or 10).
    you can load the .148 on there but make sure it doesnt perform a restore and you wont have to worry about removing any of your personal info.

If it does you can go back into BBSAK>Misc>Factory Reset and that should take care of it for you.
    10-19-09 03:27 AM

Never mind! After the wipe and then the app loader reinstall, the Storm is squeaky clean with a shiny official OS. Whew! Thanks again jgutie6634!
    10-19-09 03:27 AM
    Never mind! After the wipe and then the app loader reinstall, the Storm is squeaky clean with a shiny official OS. Whew! Thanks again jgutie6634!
    No worries! Glad your all squared away!
    10-19-09 03:28 AM
    Sounds like a lot of work, albeit a good learning experience. For future reference, from the device, go to Options | Security Options | General Settings and click the Berry Button for Wipe Device. There's a prompt for removing applications also.
    10-19-09 04:32 AM
    Just to be certain and what you should have done this first time around is do a wipe as follows:

options>security>general. Hit bb key and wipe. Make sure to check the 3rd pty apps checkbox. This will delete all data (contacts, messages 3rd pty software) and leave nothing but whatever OS you had on the phone.
    10-19-09 11:55 AM
    Don't forget to clean up or replace the microSD Media card as well.
    10-19-09 12:09 PM
    Bbsak isn't necessary.

Options>security>general settings>bb button>wipe handheld

Its called a security wipe or a "hard reset". I prefer security wipe

I love how everyone around here is so fast to suggest these 3rd party apps. They're either overkill or the action can be done without them.

Rim can get by without using all of these apps...only thing they're useful for is hybrids and loading service books IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:19 PM
    This thread should be a lesson in why the first suggestion isn't always right. And I agree with Patches... We shouldn't always be so fast to run to other software. BBSAK is a great tool, but should be used for very specific reasons only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD