Just logged into sprint.blackberry.com and, after clicking "Edit" next to my Gmail account, I discovered that the Google contacts sync feature is now available. Looks like Sprint finally has BIS 2.8. Gonna test it out now.
    10-18-09 09:07 PM
    Is this what the outage could've been that everyone was Bashing Sprint about...And look its actually an upgrade to BIS 2.8
    10-18-09 09:13 PM
    Checked the box for Contact Sync, but when I went to Contacts on BB, then Options, there's no option to sync my Gmail account (only Default). Resending service books and trying a few other things. I think I read that this works on OS 5.0 only... I'm running 5.0.0.230, but maybe it won't work unless it's an official release...?
    10-18-09 09:18 PM
    Is this what the outage could've been that everyone was Bashing Sprint about...And look its actually an upgrade to BIS 2.8
    Perhaps. I wasn't affected by the outage, and I don't see the setting that the OP mentions. Maybe BIS was upgraded, but my account on the server wasn't upgraded or something?
    10-19-09 12:00 AM
    The option shows up on both the desktop site and Email Setup on my BB. However, I get an authentication error when I try to check the box and save on the desktop site. When I checked the box on my BB, exited Email Setup and went back in, it was also unchecked. Not working yet...
    10-19-09 12:06 AM
    I am not seeing the sync option in my Gmail account (in BIS) either online or through my phone itself....is there anyone else that does not see the contact sync option?
    10-19-09 07:51 AM
    I am not seeing the sync option in my Gmail account (in BIS) either online or through my phone itself....is there anyone else that does not see the contact sync option?
    Don't worry my friend. I don't see it either.
    10-19-09 10:09 AM
    10-19-09 10:42 AM
    The option shows up on both the desktop site and Email Setup on my BB. However, I get an authentication error when I try to check the box and save on the desktop site. When I checked the box on my BB, exited Email Setup and went back in, it was also unchecked. Not working yet...
    Don't know if your issue was resolved but if you keep trying it eventually "sticks". Hope it works!
    10-30-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD