1. Telenav
    2. ??
    10-18-09 07:26 PM
    I think this would depend on the OS you are on. Not all applications are available for the Tour, and not all are available for the Tour with OS5.0 leaks.

What OS are you running?
    10-18-09 07:29 PM
    Telenav works on mine.
    10-18-09 07:32 PM
    My Verizon App locked up my phone (Currently running 5.0), however, Verizon has an update for the My Verizon app which appears to be working although I notice some display corruption with it.

Other than that, most Apps I have installed work just fine. I can't get Quickpull or MeterBerry to soft reset my phone while running 5.0.230 but the Apps can still open and do other things. They don't "brick" my phone.
    10-18-09 07:51 PM
    Viigo
    Epocrates
    Yahoo Fantasy Football
    Facebook 1.7

yep 4 times in 2 months...sucks
    10-18-09 08:35 PM
    I am running 4.7.1.40 and have had no issues using any of those apps.

The only one I don't have installed is Epocrates

Telenav I used as a 1 month free trial but then disconnected, but no problems running it.
    Y! Fantasy Football I use several times a week (Heavily on Sunday and Monday)
    Viigo gets a daily workout as does Facebook.
    The only "issue" is sometimes FB will give an error of Unable to connect, but I click ok and it continues as normal.
    10-18-09 08:43 PM
    My Verizon App locked up my phone (Currently running 5.0), however, Verizon has an update for the My Verizon app which appears to be working although I notice some display corruption with it.

Other than that, most Apps I have installed work just fine. I can't get Quickpull or MeterBerry to soft reset my phone while running 5.0.230 but the Apps can still open and do other things. They don't "brick" my phone.
    I have the stock .40 and the new Verizon app told me I had to download an update which locked up the phone on download. I don't dare try it again.
    10-18-09 09:20 PM
    I am using stock 4.7.1.40(77).
    10-18-09 10:13 PM
    BBM 5.0 via App World
    10-19-09 07:57 AM
    I am running 4.7.1.40 and have had no issues using any of those apps.

The only one I don't have installed is Epocrates

Telenav I used as a 1 month free trial but then disconnected, but no problems running it.
    Y! Fantasy Football I use several times a week (Heavily on Sunday and Monday)
    Viigo gets a daily workout as does Facebook.
    The only "issue" is sometimes FB will give an error of Unable to connect, but I click ok and it continues as normal.
    i dont have problems with them either. It was just that one time that i tried to install each of these apps where it bricked
    10-19-09 08:38 AM
    VZW 4.7.1.40

AOL Instant Messenger
    BigTinCan BuzzMe
    BB App World
    BBM 5.0
    Dictionary.com
    documents to go
    edocrab
    epocrates
    facebook 1.7
    FIOS TV
    google maps
    google sync
    pandora
    quicklaunch
    snaptu
    sudoku
    TIME
    V cast song id
    Vlingo
    weathereye
    WHERE
    windows live messenger
    yahoo messenger

I tried installing the 5.0... OS and it kept freezing everything. When I pulled the phone out of my holster it would be a brick. I went back to the 4.7.1.40. Lately I have noticed that it reboots when I use the browser. Not all the time. Just this morning and last night. Two different sites. Am thinking of taking mine in to VZW since my trackball is having issues and I still have a loose battery cover.
    10-19-09 11:31 AM
    Guys, there is an issue with the 4.7 OS at least. Any, and I mean any app can brick it. I have bricked mine 10 times in the last month at least, with different apps each time. It is fairly random, but to combat it I back up daily and backup my apps daily. Before I install anything I reboot, clear logs, backup data and back up apps. Then at least if it bricks I can recover.

-frank
    10-19-09 12:16 PM
    Guys, there is an issue with the 4.7 OS at least. Any, and I mean any app can brick it. I have bricked mine 10 times in the last month at least, with different apps each time. It is fairly random, but to combat it I back up daily and backup my apps daily. Before I install anything I reboot, clear logs, backup data and back up apps. Then at least if it bricks I can recover.

-frank
    I agree I've bricked my phone 4 times since July and it was a different app everytime it happened. How do you back up your apps daily?
    10-19-09 12:52 PM
    How do you back up your apps daily?
    Using Desktop Manager.
    10-19-09 12:53 PM
    I rarely have to do battery pulls, much less ever bricked the phone. The last battery pull other than changing the battery, was yesterday. That was due to emails not deleting from inbox. The above list...I've used a number of those applications without any issue.
    10-19-09 01:28 PM
    This seems strange I have had 3 different BB 8330-9530-9630 in the last 4 years and never had brick one yet. I do install plenty of applications and I download every leaked OS that comes out and with my storm there were a lot of them. Maybe I just have good luck.
    10-19-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD