I am having an issue with sending a SMS from my phone book. When I select the person i want to SMS, and I hit the BB Button, then Send SMS, a white screen comes up, but there is no where to input text. Does anyone know about this, and maybe how to fix it?

This it what i select in my phone book

This is what i select from the BB Menu

And this is what i get...

Anyone have any clues?
    10-18-09 02:50 PM
    This has happened to me a few times, as well. Sometimes, if I had an older SMS threat with them I have to go and delete the thread. After doing this, I'm able to start a new SMS thread without issues.

Other than that, I haven't figured out a way to prevent this from happening. Any help on this would be swell.

Edit: Just to note, I'm on a BB Tour.
    10-18-09 04:01 PM
    yeah, that happens to me. I have to go to the sms menu, then choose a contact. it won't work if I go to my contacts first.
    10-18-09 09:44 PM
    Yeah, I think when RIM wrote this new OS, and I'm running on an 8330 not a Bold, but still 5.0, they changed the method for initiating an sms message... Supposing that I have recently deleted all prior messages and no threads etc. are listed in my sms folder, in order to start a new thread I have to go to my sms folder hit the BBmenu button, select "compose sms" and then a dialogue appears to choose a contact or multiple contacts, once I've picked someone and click "OK" or whatever, a new thread is started which I can edit... I thought this felt weird the first few times since I was used to 4.5, but now I guess I'm just used to the new way...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:21 AM
    ive noticed it too. it only happens when i go to contacts, open the contact, menu button, SMS contact, select the number.

if i just goto contact, menu button, SMS contact, select the number it goes right into the text entry screen.

so if you dont wanna get the error, dont open the contact to send the SMS. just hover over their name in the contact list, select SMS and then the number and it will work everytime.
    10-19-09 12:52 AM
    If you haven't noticed yet you can also integrate sms with your bbm list. What I've done is put my most used contacts in there and then I don't even use my sms icon.

10-19-09 01:08 AM
    I avoid this by using the free app QSMS. It makes the Q key a shortcut to Compose SMS the same way the C key is the shortcut to Compose email. One click of the Q brings up a dialogue asking me who I want to send to and I've never had it fail. I've seen the error described above but not when I use QSMS.

10-19-09 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD