Hey I know that blackberrys always have problems when they first come out, but I was wondering what problems the BlackBerry Bold had when it first came out? Does anyone remember....?

On top of that, there already are a few in stock and pre-released and when I got to play with a pre-released Blackberry Bold 2, I only had one big problem and that was the the silver outline they had decided to add. I liked it better without it because it makes it look cheap and feel heavier for some reason. I also hate the takey BOLD logo! Everything is going well with it though....
    10-17-09 07:59 PM
    Nothing you said in your post talks about tech issues with the phone. Not sure the point of your post is? As far as the original Bold, issues on release were lots of dropped and failed calls, at least on AT&T. **** I still have that problem.
    10-18-09 06:21 AM
    Personally like the silver around the edges. I think it makes it look elegant and far from cheap. However that's a moot point since the thread asks about tech issues. The ones that stood out for me on OS 5.0.169 were:

1. Media player would freeze the entire OS if you rewind or forward video files.

2. Random restarts.

3. Could not install apps such as WLM or BB Messenger 5.0. Would show as installed in the apps list but no icon.

4. Occasionally the trackpad would freeze.

I am happy to report that OS 5.0.296 has fixed all these bugs for me and I haven't found any new ones yet!
    10-19-09 03:48 AM
    Hey I know that blackberrys always have problems when they first come out, but I was wondering what problems the BlackBerry Bold had when it first came out? Does anyone remember....?

On top of that, there already are a few in stock and pre-released and when I got to play with a pre-released Blackberry Bold 2, I only had one big problem and that was the the silver outline they had decided to add. I liked it better without it because it makes it look cheap and feel heavier for some reason. I also hate the takey BOLD logo! Everything is going well with it though....
    Please do not get so technical! I think the 9700 is just right and the silver trim is nice!
    10-19-09 05:55 AM
    I am happy to report that OS 5.0.296 has fixed all these bugs for me and I haven't found any new ones yet!
    I'm testing .321 atm and that looks and feels quite nice too. The .296 was ok too, too bad the .289 was rubbish.

The 'old' Bold had random reboots in the first firmware version, the one after that had random dropped calls. The 9700 had about the same issues in the beginning.
    10-19-09 08:59 AM
    Right now the 9700 firmware works very well. When released, depending on what version the carrier launches with, there will be minimal bugs if any. The latest firmware, .33x is working superb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: I'm not saying the 9700 will be the first device ever released with any bugs. But right now, its darn near bug free. And the ones that exist are very minor and usually have to be searched for. Of course you can always break something in one build that was fixed in a previous one.
    10-19-09 10:03 AM
    .364 is working best for me.
    10-19-09 10:32 AM
    With the progression of these builds (.169-.36x) has there been a noticeable increase in memory and stability across the board, or has it been one off bugs that are resolved? Reason I ask is bc memory is a showstopper to me and typically the last final builds are so focused on resolving outstanding bugs that they can break other components across the system that were already signed off on.

10-20-09 06:12 AM
    With the progression of these builds (.169-.36x) has there been a noticeable increase in memory and stability across the board, or has it been one off bugs that are resolved? Reason I ask is bc memory is a showstopper to me and typically the last final builds are so focused on resolving outstanding bugs that they can break other components across the system that were already signed off on.

I've had each revision 9700 from 1a up to the current and memory hasn't ever really been an issue. The 9700 has plenty of available memory. And the 9700 has been stable from .200+
    10-20-09 07:26 AM
    I'm jealous u guys have the 9700. Hope they arrive in Australia soon.

10-20-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD