Hey guys,

Over the past few days I have been having some strange connection problems with the facebook app. I was on version 1.6, so I went ahead and updated to version 1.7 today, and I still have the same issues. I keep getting error messages saying that "my session has expired please log in again" or something about not having data available. I checked my internet and I can get on all websites just fine.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

I probably should have mentioned that I have a Curve 8330 on Sprint.
    10-17-09 10:32 AM
    I just DL 1.7 and it wouldn't connect, didn't have any problems with the older version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:38 AM
    Same thing here. I can log in for a minute or two, then my login "expires". I might be able to get newsfeeds, but it seems to time out constantly.

This was happening earlier in the week using 1.6. It seems to be happening all the time with 1.7.
    10-17-09 12:04 PM
    That's definitely the most unreliable application made for the Blackberry. Everytime they put out a new version it seems to suck more than the last.
    10-17-09 12:06 PM
    Ok, so at least I am not the only one with the problem. Hopefully they fix it ASAP.
    10-17-09 12:09 PM
    Count me in. Its been weeks since my fb started acting up!

10-17-09 12:21 PM
    The app is only there to look pretty, ive been using the smartphone site instead of 1.6, then i had to delete it because i THOUGHT it would be better. Turns out it doesnt work at all with me, so im back on the spSite
    10-17-09 05:12 PM
    I am having the same problems with the facebook app....both with 1.6 and now 1.7 and have been for over a week now. BUT.....I am also having the same problem on my computer. I haven't been able to log in to facebook on my computer in over a week 95% of the time when I try. I get the account unavailable for site maintenance error. The few times I do manage to get logged on a few minutes later it kicks me out and says login expired. I have an ipod touch and the same thing happens on there as well. I am not a facebook addict by any means but this is driving me INSANE! My problem at least, has to be with facebook b/c I am having the same problem on 3 different kinds of devices!
    10-17-09 05:50 PM
    Yup same problem here too. I had been having problems with 1.6 so I was happy when I saw they 1.7. Then I was again dissapointed when the same thing was happening with 1.7. I don't even really know who to complain to? Facebook?

10-17-09 08:13 PM
    Yup same problem here too. I had been having problems with 1.6 so I was happy when I saw they 1.7. Then I was again dissapointed when the same thing was happening with 1.7. I don't even really know who to complain to? Facebook?

same here. Just wait 1.8 or someone plz give us 1.6 back...
    10-18-09 06:26 AM
    That's definitely the most unreliable application made for the Blackberry. Everytime they put out a new version it seems to suck more than the last.
    I agree wish I didn't download it. And what the **** is does the red dot mean next so some of my friends?

10-18-09 07:03 AM
    Still can't connect to ti. I used to use the app every single day. Really starting to get to me. I hope they fix it.

Who would you even call / email about it? Sprint, RIM, Facebook?
    10-18-09 05:18 PM
    Try logging into a friends account from your blackberry app.

Mine wouldn't connect using my facebook account, but my wifes account works just fine on my phone.

I can only assume it's because my facebook account is all FUBAR due to facebooks server errors.
    10-18-09 05:52 PM
    Try logging into a friends account from your blackberry app.

Mine wouldn't connect using my facebook account, but my wifes account works just fine on my phone.

I can only assume it's because my facebook account is all FUBAR due to facebooks server errors.

UR RIGHT! Same thing here...my login is a effed up but my wife's loads just fine. UGH!!!!
    10-18-09 07:57 PM
    I have the 1.7 connects perfectly fine on 8320. Just not getting any notifications, its starting to **** me off

10-18-09 08:07 PM
    Im in the same boat with you guys 1.6 gave me problems from time to time But 1.7 is a POS.........oddly enough my wife's Iphone has no issues, go figure
    10-18-09 08:12 PM
    I am having the same problems with the facebook app....both with 1.6 and now 1.7 and have been for over a week now. BUT.....I am also having the same problem on my computer. I haven't been able to log in to facebook on my computer in over a week 95% of the time when I try. I get the account unavailable for site maintenance error. The few times I do manage to get logged on a few minutes later it kicks me out and says login expired. I have an ipod touch and the same thing happens on there as well. I am not a facebook addict by any means but this is driving me INSANE! My problem at least, has to be with facebook b/c I am having the same problem on 3 different kinds of devices!
    This has to the the first sensible post I've read on this in a while. This is a facebook problem and has nothing to do with the app.
    10-18-09 09:21 PM
    My Facebook account finally straightened itself out, and miraculously, my BB FB app works perfectly now.
    10-18-09 10:15 PM
    I think its facebook, my wifes bb has been acting up same way using v1.6, so updated to v1.7 and same problem, this isn't a app problem I believe, but a facebook with a number of phones, my bb has been fine!

10-25-09 07:46 AM
    Well I am glad to see that other people are experiencing it too. It's been happening to me since I upgraded to 1.7.

Other posts suggested it was an app problem.
    10-25-09 10:22 AM
    fbook 1.7 is not only terribly slow..i also noticed that it doesnt report back EVERYTHING that's going on..

what i mean is that i logged in on my laptop and could see all of my friends' posts/status updates, etc..then, when i logged in to fbook 1.7 on my bberry, the posts in no way matched up..it would skip 5, 6, 10 status updates/posts at a time in different spots...if thats going to be the case, then why even have it?
    10-25-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD