so i decide to switch from my shoddy sprint plan to verizon and go to the local store and i tell a rep i need a phone and plan with unlimited everything, AND UNLIMITED navigation. i used 1680 minutes last month with sprint. i drive on the road every day.

he activates the plan and phone, i leave the store and go home to find my nav isnt working. the rep tells me to update the phone with a blackberry update site. so i do that sucessfully, i turned on the location and put everything to allow like you guys said. no good! called *611 low and behold i never had the service to begin with and the no nothing rep didnt kno that and now im screwed into accepting 10$ on top of my already 150+ bill. im goin into the store and ERUPTING!!!!!!!!!!
    05-06-08 08:27 PM
    First off calm down. You aren't the only person in America that has ever happened to. It's common for services to be forgotten to be added to a plan. Going to a store and "ERUPTING" isn't going to help you much. If some irate customer came up to you, would you really want to help out the guy when he's screaming his head off at you?
    05-06-08 08:33 PM
    Scammed seems like quite a strong accusation... Maybe you could understand that the sales rep was human, made an error, and ask for your $10 back and a free month or two of navigator?

I'm sorry that you feel you were scammed, I too get very upset when I feel I have been given horrible customer serivce. Seems like this was a $10 mistake though... unless maybe I am missing something? If I am, please elaborate on the situation.

If you remain calm and explain the situation at the store tomorrow, you will get better assistance than if you "freak out" at them. Walking into a store irate and erupting will get you immediately labeled as "crazy" even if your situation warrants being angry and upset. Maybe you could give that horrible sales rep a dirty look or something while you're there...!!

I do wish you luck, and hope that you get the results you want!!
    Last edited by pashan; 05-06-08 at 08:40 PM.
    05-06-08 08:37 PM
    So if the rep had said that your bill was going to be $160+ per month would you have gotten it? Hes human and mistakes happen. But erupting will get you nowhere fast
    05-06-08 08:38 PM
    he's right, I work in customer service, and when someone attacks me right away, I am more reluctant to help. when someone comes in nice and courteous its much more likely you'll get help, if its available to help that person, so be calm, and if they offer no help, then erupt!!
    05-06-08 08:38 PM
    Hey, do your self a favor. Go back to the store you got the plan from. Preferably about the same time and day the following week so there will be a good chance that guy who F'ed up will be working. Try to work it so you ask him to get the manager. Explain to the manager your situation and how upset it got you, and that it was a big ordeal. And all you want is what you asked for and what you thought you were receiving, and that you felt jerked around. If he doesn't seem to be super helpful ask him straight up what your cancellation fee is (like you don't already know) and for his managers name. And drop some comments about sprint never giving you this kinda run around. My buddy is a manager at a VZW store and they hate those two things, people canceling big contracts like yours (150 a month ) and in store annoyed customers talking up other carriers. And if your asking about who the managers manager is then they wont be trying to push you out the door either, they don't want it going any further and causing any more problems then it already has. Managers have alot of latitude with making customers happy, and if they don't have the power to fix it they know someone who does! So try to stay calm but definitely let them know your upset and willing to do something about it if they arnt.
    Hope this helps
    Jeremy
    05-06-08 11:14 PM
    Hey, do your self a favor...Hope this helps
    Jeremy
    Jeremy, that's really sound advice!! I am sure it would behoove the OP to take it!
    05-06-08 11:18 PM
    Simply Everything - 99.99 or 160 with VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 11:21 PM
    Erupting will not get you what you want. People need to treat customer service reps like they would like to be treated. We are all human. Jesus...
    05-07-08 02:00 AM
    Cancel and get a at&t phone. You have 30 days to dump them if your that unhappy

05-07-08 02:09 AM
    first of all i'd calm down.
    i've been with verizon for over 10 years and i love the service i get.what u should do is go back into the store and talk to the manager and explain what u wanted and what u actually got.it surprises me that when u called customer service they didn't help u because they always seem to help me.

but working in customer service i know approach is everything...so maybe u can call customer service back and someone will help u or go back into the store and talk with the manager.
    but i also know that the navigation part is extra i believe with your service
    05-07-08 10:26 AM
    mikibee is right,

Store managers have a surprising amount of override power.
    Im the first to agree that Verizon is miserable when it comes to appreciating the customer, but I feel that is more on the Corporate side of the company. Everytime I have gone into a store I feel that I have been treated very well. I feel their knowledge is somewhat limited when it comes to BB's but that has never stopped them from trying to find the right answer.

Anytime I feel upset with verizon I channel the anger into strongly worded letters to VZW Corporate over GPS functionality and their double dipping Pricing Plan. Thats my happy place.
    05-07-08 11:01 PM
    Don't know what happened in the store but the rep may have combined all the features into the price he told you:
    $119.99 for unlimited minutes & texts
    $29.99 for unlimited internet & email
    $9.99 for unlimited VZNavigator

$159.97 before taxes

So exactly what were you upset about? The navigator isn't something they add on to the acct. You actually self provision is yourself. Granted the rep should have downloaded it for you. If you come in furious you will not get anything. Be calm and polite as possible. And no, threating to go to another carrier-we don't care. Customers tell me that....FINE GO! But good luck.
    05-07-08 11:21 PM
    Erupting will not get you what you want. People need to treat customer service reps like they would like to be treated. We are all human. Jesus...

CSR's deserve no respect, they are paid to do my bidding and take any and ALL abuse I so choose to inflict on them.

CSR's are also the lowest form of life on the planet.

Jesus? Please don't use the lords name in vain, or I may be forced to report you to the proper CrackBerry.com authorities.
    05-08-08 06:22 AM
    CSR's deserve no respect, they are paid to do my bidding and take any and ALL abuse I so choose to inflict on them.

CSR's are also the lowest form of life on the planet.
    Tell me that you're joking... Please, tell me that you're joking.
    05-08-08 06:48 AM
    He's not joking. He really thinks it. Especially if the poor CSR is a woman...or so I gather from his "superior male" comments.

I won't start on the hilarity of saying "don't use the lords name in vain"...

And as a CSR supervisor - I can tell you if someone heaps abuse on one of my reps, I shut them down, they get no satisfaction on their issue due to behavior, and a nice perm note goes on the account detailing how they treated the reps. Those notes are used for all future contacts with said person when they demand some sort of compensation.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-08-08 at 01:37 PM.
    05-08-08 01:35 PM
    *princessalannah2 -- A feature HAS to be added to the account for navigator to work on a blackberry. A customer cannot add/remove the charge on their own.

05-08-08 03:48 PM
    Why did you leave Sprint? You can get everything you want with Sprint for $99 per month. Port your number back to Sprint and tell them you want the simply everything plan.

05-08-08 04:20 PM
    erupting, while it may make you feel better will get you nowhere. believe me, i know from experience. someone messed up and they'll take care of it. just calmly explain your predicament.
    05-08-08 04:42 PM
    He's not joking. He really thinks it. Especially if the poor CSR is a woman...or so I gather from his "superior male" comments.

I won't start on the hilarity of saying "don't use the lords name in vain"...

And as a CSR supervisor - I can tell you if someone heaps abuse on one of my reps, I shut them down, they get no satisfaction on their issue due to behavior, and a nice perm note goes on the account detailing how they treated the reps. Those notes are used for all future contacts with said person when they demand some sort of compensation.
    Hahahaha make a note on the account? That's the equivalent of some pimply face puke spitting in my burger at McDonalds when treated appropriately.

I'm sure the company really cares about your opinion vs. the revenue the customer is generating. It is far easier to replace incompetent CSR's then it is to get new accounts.

In fact, your job is so low down the rung they're outsourcing your field to places like India.
    05-08-08 06:05 PM
    Hahahaha make a note on the account? That's the equivalent of some pimply face puke spitting in my burger at McDonalds when treated appropriately.

I'm sure the company really cares about your opinion vs. the revenue the customer is generating. It is far easier to replace incompetent CSR's then it is to get new accounts.

In fact, your job is so low down the rung they're outsourcing your field to places like India.
    wow. just....wow.

anyways, Verizon has always been nice to me, especially when someone else had racked up a $700 bill and they took care of it, no questions asked. just explain the situation calmly and they should fix it for you.
    05-08-08 06:17 PM

I'm not sure what this has to do with the OP problem in the start of this thread.... I see no suggestions in your post, that can help him, but nearly bashing CSR's They are in one place and you are another, if ou have a problem, they will be less likely to help, as far as changing out device, equipment problems. Trust me it does happen.....

Now anyways back to the topic at hand. I can suggest you call in ask to speak with the CSR supervisor on call. they will have to handle this issue vs. a regular CSR. they will take care of it. trust me.... Also ask to be credited a few months for the mistake.. Ya we all are people, but in some minds we are not allowed to make mistakes. I am not a CSR but I know the in and out's of company relations and how those call centers work.
    05-08-08 06:24 PM
    I think j hard is just saying all that for shock value. Either that or he feels so poorly about himself he must put others down.

Anyway, as to his service problem, I feel Verizon in general is over priced. But now that he has Verizon my advice would be to call and explain the issue, and I'm sure they will be able to help you.

05-08-08 06:36 PM
    I completely agree with you.....when I first got my Pearl w/ATT, I didnt' have my Internet connection. I was told I could go into any Cingular/ATT store and they would hook me up. Went to the one across the street from my job and the young men BARELY looked up from their magazines enough to tell me they couldn't help me. I was HOT!.

Went to the ATT store next to my home, and while getting what I wanted, told the manager about the young ones at the Cingular store. He tsk-tsk'd, apologized for them and waived the activation fee and one other fee that I don't remember....

The point is that I got what I wanted, and more because I was calm.
    05-08-08 06:49 PM
    Just ignore him. He's miffed at me that he got spanked by the mods for his lovely attitude, and since then he follows me around. He's a joy - I'm just sad we share a country. Besides the telco I am a supervisor for is American so he is right about the outsourcing, just not to India. *snerk* Not to mention that he knows nothing since those "useless notes" when left by a sup carry a lot of weight. I would love to see his account notes...

Back to the original post - you stand a far better chance if you don't come in irate claiming fraud.

EDIT

And jhard - I would think that after your little profane PM you sent me and continuing your behavior after until you got a vacation from the board would have been a clue. Obviously you don't learn. Keep digging your hole.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-08-08 at 07:01 PM.
    05-08-08 06:57 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD