Alright so I really hate to do this but today I wandered over to a Verizon cell phone kiosk and had a good long conversation with an infamous Verizon employee. I asked if they had any dummy storm 2's. I could play with, and to my dismay they didn't so I went on to ask when the new storm was suppose to arrive. They kept saying they neither confirm nor deny knowing any dates. So after while of talking to the employee he started talking about how he had the chance to play with the new storm and how the OS was still very glitchy with the new peido technology. Anyway as I was about to walk away he shook my hand and said November 7th under his breath.

I really hate to put one of those he she said stories out but hey its a theoretical release date...

Well I suppose ill don my flame retardant suit now...

All in all its just hearsay. Goodnight crackberries!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 11:29 PM
    What's better hear say or rumor?

10-16-09 11:30 PM
    sometimes rumor. Because sometimes I dont even beleive these people even spoke to a verizon rep. Not saying the OP didnt.
    10-16-09 11:33 PM
    ill continue to believe in the "very soon" rumor to keep my hopes up. LOL
    10-16-09 11:35 PM
    I rarely believe hear say but I am always a sucker for a good rumor.

10-16-09 11:40 PM
    November 7th will be the launch date.

10-17-09 12:08 AM
    I'll continue to not care until April 2010 when I can upgrade.
    10-17-09 12:17 AM
    others said it, and I agree....

november 31st will be the day!!!

(btw, Verizon employees don't truly find out until MAYBE 2-3 days ahead of launch. And this is confirmed by a handful of friends who work in various VZW departments. The only time they know more ahead of schedule is if an OFFICIAL announcement date has been set.)
    10-17-09 12:21 AM
    I talked to a verizon rep. She was all totally hot! I asked her back to my place. She said it was too cold and Storming outside. I said that's no excuse. Then she proceeded to tell me that she wouldn't be off her period until the 21st! Confirmed Biznitches!!!!!!
    10-17-09 12:21 AM
    "Peido" technology? First sign he's clueless...
    10-17-09 02:18 AM
    Yeah. Cuz nobody typos.

10-17-09 02:20 AM
    Sorry that was my bust, I don't remember what the technology is called but I thought it was peido. The technology that makes the screen liquidy with electricity, then hard again when the screen is locked (without electricity.) Whether he was blowing smoke up my arse is past me, but thought I might share it with the community.

I know there are people out there that like to spread fictitious rumors, but I can assure that, that is not my goal. Just merely repeating what I heard today from the employees mouth, and in fact to make the story that much more like the stories from the past, the employee said that his mom was the district manager and that is the reason why he was able to play with the storm 2 before hand. He said that the storm is suppose to sell for $399.

I think I'm gonna hold off on buying the Storm2 for at least 6 months, let that steep price drop a bit.

I'm sure now that I've added that small bit of info people will speculate, but I can assure you that is what I heard this evening and I'm stickin to it! Maybe I'm a sucker for made up stories, or maybe he speaks the truth. Only time will tell!

EDIT: With a little research I found my word was close, but the proper word I was looking for was called "Piezo"
    Last edited by Inous; 10-17-09 at 02:39 AM.
    10-17-09 02:33 AM
    Sorry that was my bust, I don't remember what the technology is called but I thought it was peido. The technology that makes the screen liquidy with electricity, then hard again when the screen is locked (without electricity.) Whether he was blowing smoke up my arse is past me, but thought I might share it with the community.

I know there are people out there that like to spread fictitious rumors, but I can assure that, that is not my goal. Just merely repeating what I heard today from the employees mouth, and in fact to make the story that much more like the stories from the past, the employee said that his mom was the district manager and that is the reason why he was able to play with the storm 2 before hand. He said that the storm is suppose to sell for $399.

I think I'm gonna hold off on buying the Storm2 for at least 6 months, let that steep price drop a bit.

I'm sure now that I've added that small bit of info people will speculate, but I can assure you that is what I heard this evening and I'm stickin to it! Maybe I'm a sucker for made up stories, or maybe he speaks the truth. Only time will tell!

EDIT: With a little research I found my word was close, but the proper word I was looking for was called "Piezo"
    Just messing with you dude... I thought it was just funny when I said it out loud...lol.
    10-17-09 02:45 AM
    I'll bet you I can walk into a local store tomorrow, ask the same question, and get a completely different date =).

Verizon store reps are ******** and make crap up all the time, because they like to 'look' like they are in the 'know' as to not look stupid. I recently had one store tech tell me that the dust under my screen would go away if I take off my screen protector
    10-17-09 04:55 AM
    OP, I hope you have your asbestos suit available. If you've been a member since January of 2009 then you ought to know one of the number 1 things that will get you flamed around here is posting anything that a Verizon rep tells you.

Don't really hang out that much around here I guess do you?
    10-17-09 05:06 AM
    OP, I hope you have your asbestos suit available. If you've been a member since January of 2009 then you ought to know one of the number 1 things that will get you flamed around here is posting anything that a Verizon rep tells you.

The person has 54 posts since january and your asking if he or she is around here much? seriously?
    10-17-09 09:10 AM
    The person has 54 posts since january and your asking if he or she is around here much? seriously?
    Yep, I saw that which is why I said that. It was a rhetorical question.
    10-17-09 09:38 AM
    I talked to a verizon rep. She was all totally hot! I asked her back to my place. She said it was too cold and Storming outside. I said that's no excuse. Then she proceeded to tell me that she wouldn't be off her period until the 21st! Confirmed Biznitches!!!!!!
    HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA...you are a trip,what i mean...
    10-17-09 09:41 AM
    November 7th will be the launch date.

If anything this post should be wondered upon more than the OP.
    10-17-09 09:44 AM
    The whisper under the breath is what convinced me

10-17-09 10:22 AM
    Prob after the bogo is over....

10-17-09 10:42 AM
    November 7th 2009? Another day that will live on in cellphone infamy--just like November 21 2008.
    10-17-09 10:44 AM
    Peido technology?

That's what they made when they melted down Michael Jackson's nose.
    10-17-09 10:54 AM
    I'll bet you I can walk into a local store tomorrow, ask the same question, and get a completely different date =).

Verizon store reps are ******** and make crap up all the time, because they like to 'look' like they are in the 'know' as to not look stupid. I recently had one store tech tell me that the dust under my screen would go away if I take off my screen protector
    HAHA thats hilarious!
    10-17-09 11:31 AM

Yea I have been around the forums since I bought my storm in December, and I know how the flame game goes. Just figured if I heard any info, I would share the wealth with the community.

Notice how I'm not claiming the date as an official release date? That's why there was a warning in the title
    10-17-09 11:36 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD