Ok I will preface this by saying that I KNOW that there have been threads asking this question, but none of them have really quantified the answer into any kind of tangible form. That said:

Using a scale from 0 - 100% (higher correlating to increased effort)...If a traditional "physical keyboard" berry ranks a 50% in typing effort, and the Storm 1 ranks 100% where would you place the new Storm's experience?

Along the same lines and using the same method to quantify, where would you place the Storm 1 AND Storm 2 if the traditional berry rates 50% in "enjoyment/satisfaction" when referring to the typing experience? (higher percentage correlating to more enjoyable).

Long explanation...easy answer.

Thanks for the input everyone and I hope we have this puppy in our hands soon.
    10-16-09 09:40 PM
    uhh...bump!!!
    10-17-09 12:42 AM
    Just thinking about typing a text message on my Storm 1 made me not want to text anyone. (Yes, a lot of people enjoy their Storm 1, I hated it)

As long as you have in mind that the phone has "autocorrection" and that sometimes it recommends other words (Like any other touchscreen phone - and that's why you have to add all of your curse words into your dictionary ASAP) the Storm 2 makes me wanna send long emails to everyone on it.

Ask anyone who has e-mailed me and I have replied, I replied from my Storm 2. I just can't get enough of it.
    10-17-09 01:34 AM
    Thanks Sal...I am currently using a Storm 1, and I am just torn as to whether I want to upgrade or wait for awhile. I have a NE2 so money is not the issue. I have a Storm 1 (release day out in the cold early adopter), and I am a big fan of the input method. I just want to make sure that the new Storm will be a SIGNIFICANT improvement. Thanks for your input SAL and the substance you bring to CB.
    10-17-09 06:13 AM
    Storm 2 is much easier to type. I don't know if I can rate it - but typing is fast and pop-up suggestions starting to help me after 2 weeks or annoyance. I think it's going to be individual experience as everything else, but it is a huge improvement.
    10-17-09 06:59 AM
    Storm 2 is much easier to type. I don't know if I can rate it - but typing is fast and pop-up suggestions starting to help me after 2 weeks or annoyance. I think it's going to be individual experience as everything else, but it is a huge improvement.
    Yeah I was one of the ones that never really had anything against SurePress...I had a pretty decent phone from day 1 and never experienced some of the more major issues mentioned on the forums. HOWEVER, I am a long-time BlackBerry user and I think any previous Berry owner would agree that the S1 left some things to be desired in the typing department. I hope you're right!
    10-17-09 09:08 AM
    Sal - I've seen that you have both the Storm2 and the 9700 in use. Between the 2 which would you choose? Do you prefer the Storm2 over the 9700? Just wondering as I am debating a switch from ATT to Verizon for the Storm2.
    10-17-09 11:03 AM
    I think Sal has said he uses the Storm2 on a daily basis.
    10-17-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD