OK. So I have been searching the web for almost a week now off and on.

Here is what happened.

I have the facebook app for blackberry (i have the tour).

I received a friend invite and accepted via my blackberry.

I went into their profile and WHAM - i see a whole ton of very inappropriate groups that the person had joined - like a list of twenty.

I immediately posted a message to their wall asking if their account had been hacked.

THEN....

I checked facebook via my normal IE browser. Nothing there about these groups. It wasn't on their wall. it wasn't in their profile. I was staring at my blackberry and it showed the entries in their profile at the same time i was looking on my PC.

Soooooooo,...... they then replied - 'no, my account doesn't seem to be hacked, why would you ask that?'. oooops.

So folks - is this a known issue?
    10-16-09 04:27 PM
    Yes, the browser is going to showing you a different layout, and accessibility on your BB than it will on a computer.
    10-16-09 04:29 PM
    Yeah, but surely i shouldn't be able to see things via my blackberry that a friend has deliberately hidden from their profile....
    10-16-09 04:34 PM
    LMAO thats hialrious, did u click "show all groups"? u prob did, just have to ask
    10-16-09 05:13 PM
    I did. This is freaking me out. I literally have pictures of my blackberry showing these group joins on his profile. hahah. i should just let it go. i am in it security though so it bugs the crap out of me.
    10-16-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD